Chapter 3

May 18. 2020 edited

Better but once again not perfect...No plot changes

TONY POV

 Within 10 minutes of Mac's line being cut off I had 20 of my top warriors loaded up and flyinging down the road. I was driving the front vehicle with Thomas, Corey, Nick and Jenson. The only reason why Jenson was in the car was because he had the tracker on Mac's phone. Sure he could have explained the operations of it but there was no time. When Mac's phone went dead after her whispering her father's name we all stood there dumbfounded for what seemed like minutes but was more like seconds, then Thomas went crazy. He was babbling on about how something looked familiar all this time but now it all made sense.

While I was calling out for the warriors on Thomas' command he stopped and talked to our Alpha. I saw the same realization that Thomas had hit Alpha Alexander before the rage. Since they were talking through their mind link no one had a clue what was going on. All we knew was that it was bad. Very bad and we had to get Mac back now.

According to Jenson's tracer Mac was at the train station just a little over 2 hours away. We could make it in less time but it still wasn't fast enough. A lot can happen in 10 minutes never mind 2 hours. We have been driving for about 30 minutes when the sound of a phone broke the silence. Since we all got in the car no one had said a word. Being so focused on the road since I was driving at a high speeds and trying to avoid getting pulled over it took three rings before I recognized it was my phone and Mac's personal ringtone.

"Mac? Where are you?!" I yelled into the phone after digging it out of my front pocket.

"Tony?" Mac has only used my real name twice. The first was when she shifted and the pain was crippling and now. There was no mistaking the fear in her voice. "I...he...I'm driving back. I think I lost him but I don't know for how long."

I took a deep breath. That was a small relief. "We're on our way. Do not stop for any reason!" I demanded.

It was followed by silence. I was about to yell her name but she finally spoke. "Um... I need to get gas soon. I have a quarter tank left but it won't get me home." She was quiet again. "Tony? I'm scared. That wasn't my dad. Well it was but it wasn't. He...I...his wolf. I think it was his wolf. Blaze is freaking out which is so not helping." The last part she covered her fear with annoyance.

"Who the fuck is Blaze!?" Her fear caught me off guard and had my foot push harder on the accelerator. After all this time I had only sensed fear in Mac once and that was the day she shifted.

Mac gave a nervous laugh which calmed me a little. "Blaze is my wolf. If you think I am bad then wait till you meet her." Talking about her wolf seemed to calm her down a bit.

I chuckled. "Why doesn't it surprise me that your wolf's name is Blaze when she is your other half. Anyways, darling I want you to put your phone on speaker and place it beside you. I am going to do the same. This way you can concentrate on driving but I can still hear what is going on. Oh just so you know I am not in the car alone." I wanted to get in there before she said something stupid. Well more like herself but tempers were all ready high so less conflict the better.

"Um who is with you?" She sounded nervous. This was not Mac at all. Not that I blamed her. Between everything that had happened over the past couple of weeks and to top it all off seeing your dad who was supposed to be dead but wasn't. As well as realizing the dad she knew was mostly like gone completely.

"Your uncle, Corey, Nick, and uh Jenson," I added Jenson last after I hesitated. "How long ago did you leave the train station?" I only knew she left because Jenson had whispered that piece of info a few seconds ago.

"Ah...maybe 20 minutes ago? I haven't really been paying attention to the time," she answered. "Wait! How did you know where I was?" She snapped. And there was the old Mac. A smile lit up my face. From the corner of my eye I saw Nick with his goofy grin through the rear view mirror.

Thankfully Thomas cut in before I had to answer that question. Fingers crossed that she would forget about this. "Mackenzie? How are you doing sweetheart?"

I almost laughed when I heard Mac snort over the phone. She really was like no other I had ever met before. "Just peachy Uncle T. Life is fantastic! Just enjoying a stroll in my borrowed car..." Mac all of a sudden started to laugh. It was a real laugh and not a sarcastic or forced one. We all froze and glanced at the phone. Before anyone could say anything Mac spoke up after getting control over her laughter. "Can one of you let Drew know I borrowed his car." Not even a second later Nick was howling while the rest of us chuckled. Of course out of all the cars she had to "borrow" it was his.

"I would love to do the honour in that task," Nick announced, still chuckling. "I will even do you one better and get it on video for you!"

After that the tension seemed to dwindle a bit. Once in a while someone tried to make small talk but Mac was back to her one word answers so we mostly stayed on the silent side of things. During those times I knew I wasn't the only one straining my ears to see if I could hear anything else over the phone that may be of concern.