Chapter 5

Stephen woke up the next day, wondering if last night was a dream since Tony wasn't next to him. He looked at the clock on his bedside table. It was close to eleven a.m. He got up and stretched.

       Stephen found Tony looking at the watches. He hugged Tony from behind. "It took me forever to get them all," Stephen said.

       "I never took you for one to accessorize," Tony said, putting down the watch he was examining.

       "Well honey, I rather enjoy accessorizing," Stephen replied. He then kissed Tony on the cheek. "Let's go get some breakfast, shall we?" Stephen took Tony's hand and led him to the kitchen.

       Tony casually looked at the calendar. It was the twenty-ninth. "Well shit. I've been so caught up with Peters death I forgot about my birthday," Tony said.

       "It's your birthday today?" Stephen asked.

       "Yup," Tony answered.

       "Happy birthday, dear," Stephen said, kissing his cheek.

       "Thank you. I want waffles," Tony responded. Stephen got out waffle mix and got to work.

// Time Skip//

       At five p.m, Stephen and Tony were in the car on the way to their date location. "Where are we going?" Tony whined, getting bored.

       "You'll find out, we're almost there," Stephen responded, turning on the road. The surroundings became more scenic as they left the city.

       Stephen parked the car in the parking lot of a park. Stephen got a basket out of the backseat of the car. "A picnic, as we watch the sunset," Stephen said to Tony, who was behind him.

       "You're so cheesy," Tony teased, taking Stephen's hand.

       "Yeah, but you love me," Stephen responded, walking with Tony to a good spot. He spread out the blanket and set the basket in the middle.

       The two ate the dinner that was prepared by Stephen, admiring the sunset. "I can be cheesier than this event," Stephen said.

       "I actually don't doubt it," Tony responded. Stephen laughed.

       "This sunset isn't as pretty as you," Stephen said.

       "Is this day called 'national Stephen being cheesy day'?" Tony asked, smiling.

       "Apparently so, dear," Stephen responded. "We're going to stargaze too, by the way,"

       "Alright," Tony said. Tony then pointed at the sky. "The first star, right there,"

       The two looked at the stars for a while, then they saw a shooting star. "Make a wish, Stephen," Tony said. 'I wish my life didn't turn into this, I'll keep Stephen, but I want Peter back.' Tony wished.

       "Did you wish? It's childish, but still," Tony asked, looking at Stephen.

       "No, because I have everything I could possibly want," Stephen responded.

       "Aww, you softy," Tony said, kissing Stephen. "Now let's go, I'm cold," Stephen smiled and got up to pack up the stuff. Tony went to the car to wait, the big help he is.

       Stephen soon joined Tony in the car, and they took off. "Are you going to stay the night again at my place, or do you want to go home?" Stephen asked.

       "I'm gonna stay at your place again, I'm not ready to go home," Tony responded.

       "Okay, that's fine," Stephen said, going the direction of his apartment. They soon got to the apartment.

       "Shit, I forgot we need milk. I'm going to run out real quick and get some milk. Go to bed, play on your phone, watch T.V, whatever. I'll be back soon, love you," Stephen said, kissing Tony on the forehead.

       "Okay, love you too," Tony responded, sitting down on the couch. Stephen then left. Tony decided to watch the news. (Y'all are gonna hate me here shortly)

       Tony then got on his phone, using the news as background noise. He decided to check Facebook. His good friends, Clint and Natasha, had finally gotten together. "Fuck yeah, finally," Tony muttered to himself.

       Tony found Stephen's Facebook, which was last updated in 2016, and sent a friend request. Tony looked through the account.

       Apparently, Stephen had a girlfriend named Christine in 2015, before he realised that he was gay. Tony then updated his status to 'in a relationship' and almost instantly got messaged by Natasha.

Natasha: Who're you dating?

Anthony: A guy named Stephen

Natasha: Last name?

Anthony: Strange

Natasha: Congratz and good luck

Anthony: Thanks. Good job finally getting together with Clint

Natasha: You're welcome, thanks. Sorry about Peter, btw

Anthony: I'm only very depressed about Peter. I'm going to bed now, goodnight

Natasha: Night

       Tony turned off his phone, plugged it in to charge, and went to turn off the T.V, but something caught his eyes. He listened to the reporter to confirm his worries. (Y'all are gonna hate me now)

       The video on the news showed the familiar black car, smashed. Particularly more towards the driver's seat. "A severe accident has happened on 21 North street (a random street name). A semi crashed into a car, killing the semi driver and leaving the other severely injured. Back to you, Linda."

       Tony was shocked. "Stephen..." he whispered. He slowly sat down and picked up his phone just in time for a call.

       "Stephen Strange is in intensive care at this moment, we are informing you because you are his emergency contact. Visiting hours are over, but you may come tomorrow. Have a good evening, sir," The line then went dead.

       "No..." Tony whispered. He turned off the T.V, turned off all the lights, went outside, and locked the front door with the spare key Stephen gave him. Tony then stumbled to the elevator and soon enough he left the building.

       Tony started crying as he walked towards his own house, where he would then drive his car to the hospital. But first, a night of sleep.

A/N: I'm so sorry you all have to wait another week for the next chapter. Stephen's not going to die, don't worry. Tell me if there are any typos, I'm not checking right now. Toodles!