Chapter 1

Tony sighed as he pulled into his driveway after his long day at the bank. People are stupid. But hey, he can see Peter in like, a minute if he got out of the car. Tony got out of his car, locked it, and went inside.

      Peter had been sick for a few weeks now. This did not help Tony's stress at all. Tony walked up the stairs to check on his son. Tony had been single for a while, as his wife, Pepper, had died of brain cancer a few years back.

      Tony knocked on Peter's door and waited for a response. A weak "Come in," was heard. Tony opened the door and took in the dark room. It smelled bad because Peter had been too dizzy to bathe.

      "How are you feeling, Pete?" Tony asked, stroking Peter's head.

      "Terrible. My vision is blurred, my headache has gotten worse, I'm nauseous, and I'm having difficulty walking. I threw up three times today. How was your day, dad?" Peter responded weakly. Tony felt a pang of sympathy.

      "My day was fine, but I'm more worried about you. If you feel any worse at any time of the day tomorrow, I want you to call or text me. I will take you to the hospital, okay?" Tony said. "These are very similar symptoms that your mom had, and I'm worried,"

      "I'm worried too, dad," Peter said, his voice cracking at the end. He was about to cry. "I don't wanna go," Tony then hugged Peter tightly.

      "I don't want you to go, either. You're the only reason I'm still alive," Tony said, trying to comfort his crying son. The two stayed like that for hours, until they fell asleep.

(Next day, with Peter)

      Peter groaned after he threw up for the fifth time that day. He has also gotten a new symptom of reduced sensation of touch. He had of course texted his dad, who was now on his way home. Peter curled up in a ball on the floor and cried. He still had plans in life, and he felt like he was going to die.

      The car horn beeped, and Peter took the signal to get outside. He wobbled down the stairs, fell on the floor at the bottom, and then finally got outside to the car.

      Peter fell into the passenger seat and got situated to go. Tony sighed and ruffled Peter's hair. "Ready to go?" Tony asked. Peter grabbed his phone and nodded. "I scheduled an appointment, that's why it took so long," Peter nodded, not wanting to talk in fear of vomiting again.

      The drive was long and quiet, and Peter dreaded the sight of the hospital. With the help of Tony, they soon made it to their location.

      Peter played games on his phone while waiting for the person to take an X-Ray of his head. A door soon opened and a person popped in the doorway. "Peter Stark?" Peter and Tony then walked with the nurse.

      Tony waited anxiously while Peter got his brain X-Ray. "Hey. Need someone to talk to while waiting?" Someone asked. Tony turned to look at the owner of the voice. He was taller than Tony and had dark brown hair with a few grays littering his hairline. He had a goatee and was wearing a surgeon uniform.

      "Sure. My name's Tony," Tony said. He might as well chat to get his mind off of worry.

      "I'm Doctor Stephen Strange. Nice to meet you," Stephen replied, holding a hand out to shake. Tony took his hand and shook it.

      "Nice to meet you as well," Tony responded.

      "So, what's your son getting an X-Ray for?" Stephen asked. Tony sighed.

      "Well, he's been having symptoms of brain cancer. Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, difficulty walking, and loss of sense of touch," Tony said. Stephen's eyes widened.

      "That sounds very life-threatening, he might need immediate surgery," Stephen said. Someone then came out of the X-Ray room looking panicked.

       "Doctor Strange, he needs surgery. He has a large tumor in his brain that if not cared for he will die. Sir, you should have taken him in sooner," The person said, the last part aimed at Tony.

      Tony couldn't believe it. The reason Pepper died is now going to be his son's potential reason of death. Tears sprung to his eyes as Peter was taken to an operating room.

      Stephen led Tony to a waiting room then rushed to the room to operate. Before heading off, he reassured Tony. "I'm the best in my field, he should be fine," Stephen said. Tony then sat there anxiously waiting.