twenty-eight; "you broke me."

chapter twenty-eight!
( "you broke me." )

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗THE WEEKEND, SADLY had come to an end, meaning a wave pool of emotions, apologies, etc

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
THE WEEKEND, SADLY had come to an end, meaning a wave pool of emotions, apologies, etc. were soon to come.

Millie flew down the steps that morning, ready to face the Monday with a bright smile that would only last her through one period. "ready to go?" she asked her stepbrother-to-be, seeing as she came down particularly late that morning. he gave a swift nod and helped himself off of the couch, grabbing his stuff on the way. the pair called out goodbyes to their parents, mentally checking to make sure they had all of their belongings before making their way out the door.

they got to the school particularly perky, singing along to Kesha throwback songs when the car was parked. who would've known how downhill that day was going to get by their happy moods, the nice weather, and the prodigious amount of jubilant banter flowing through the halls that morning.

it was as if their—Millie's in particular—day would be hit by a train unexpectedly, going from great to completely terrible in the matter of a few measly minutes. it seemed as if that was always how it happened; having an extraordinary day just for it to be hit simultaneously with something along the lines of bad news, or news of the family pet's death, or, perhaps, catching someone you quote, unquote "changed" and became infatuated with, making out with someone who harrassed them, you, and your other friends before. for Millie, the latter was more than likely what caused her day to go into a downward spiral.

"hello, my favorite red heads," Millie sang once she reached her friends, walking their normal route from Millie's locker to first period. Finn soon caught up, embracing her in a warm hug before she could walk any further, leaving one red head to marvel at the cute gesture, and one to gag in disgust.

Millie let out a giggle and wrapped her petite figure around his, engulfing herself in his cologne and all around adorable physique. the pair then walked hand in hand towards the maths hallways, sophia and Sadie still side to them.

"so, I was thinking. after school. let's head downtown and get some frozen yogurt. a little date," Finn suggested after giving a slight nod to his peers that waved to him. Millie beamed at the idea, loving the new and more outgoing towards her version of the lanky boy.

while the four walked, gaten and Noah had made it their mission to catch her before they all hit the geometry class, wanting to tell her early so she wouldn't invest any more of her time to the imbecile. they pushed through the crowd rather desperately, trying to spot the Brit.

gaten's eyes locked on her first, immediately tracing over the group she was laced into conversation with and groaning. she was already talking with Finn, so they'd have to hold her back after griffin's teachings to inform her.