(13) Don't You Get It?

Don's POV
      I looked down at my knife, then back at Jon, who was sitting on his knees infront of me, on the ground. He was panting heavily, and Ashlie was next to him, doing the same. Dashlie and I had just beat them, and we're now about to finish them off. Dashlie sighed bitterly, "It was good while it lasted." She hissed bitterly, then formed a Cantana in her hand and stabbed it brutally into Ashlie with a smile, making me shiver at the sight of my fellow demons sadistic behavior. I sighed and crouched down to Jons eye level.

      Jon was still panting heavily, but he slowly looked at me, slight fear in his eyes. I'm...Sorry... I thought about saying, then I scolded myself. YOU aren't supposed to be sorry! You aren't supposed to care! Stop being such a freak! I thought angrily at myself. "Hurry up, freak!" Dashlie complained, and I glared at her, then looked back at Jon. "Until next time, loser." I spoke instead, then I stabbed the knife right into his chest. Jon winced, and began coughing, his eyes closing and blood dripping out out of his mouth as he coughed. His body began fading, then, to my suprise he opened his eyes and looked back at me. A small, weak smile spread across his lips. "I...Forgive you..." He whispered, disappearing completely.

      I stared at the spot that he once sat in suprise. He...What? I wondered wordlessly. Does he really forgive me? Oh no, does he know that I kinda feel bad for him!? But Dashlie cut off my thoughts. "Get up, freak! And get out of MY mind!" She snapped, and I rolled my eyes and got up, facing her. "Whatever...And this isn't YOUR mind, it's Ashlie's." I argued back.

        "What did you just say!?" She screeched. "Oh yeah, I forgot you don't speak smart... This. Isn't. YOUR. Mind!" I reapeated more slowly. Her eye twitched in anger, and she screeched, "You spoiled BRAT!" She then leaped at me, pinning me to the ground by my throat, strangling me. I gasped and coughed for air, "I'm going to KILL you!" She screamed. I started to feel light headed from lack of air as I clawed at her arms, but my blue gloves blocked any serious damage. I began to feel the strange sensation of what I believed was teleportation once more, but I almost missed it from the sensation that I was about to pass out from lack of oxygen.

       My struggles were getting weaker after a few moments, that's when I heard it. "Dashlie, Don! Enough!" A loud voice boomed, causing Dashlie to suddenly release my throat, and quickly get off of me. I began gasping and coughing, taking in large gasps of air. I sat up, holding my throat, and looked over to the origin of the voice. Duni stood there, glaring at Dashlie in fury. That's when I realized that I was in the same abyss as before, and all the other demons were there.

      I quickly scrambled to my feet, ignoring my light-headed feeling. "Dashlie, get over here!" Duni snarled, and Dashlie scoffed. "You aren't the boss of me." She retorted, and I saw Duni's eyes blaze. "Um, technically he is." Dick whispered. "Shut up, Dick!" Dashlie screeched. "Dashlie, here. NOW." Duni repeated, sounding fed up with her behavior. Dashlie rolled her eyes and walked up to face Duni, "Yes?" She questioned impatiently. "Do you understand the gravity of the the job you have here?" He hissed. "Um, no, but I do understand the gravity of how much I hate everyone here." She retorted. Duni narrowed his eyes more, "We're going to have a talk later, Dashlie. I don't think you understand what it really means to be here." He hissed. "Sure, Dad." She mocked. Duni rolled his eyes, "Go back to where you were." He ordered, and Dashlie rolled her eyes and walked back to her place next to me.

         "Okay, we weren't meant to make today a training day, but there were some...Complications..." Duni began, glancing at Dory, and that's when I realized for the first time that Dory no longer had a crack in his camera lense. "And now I've realized that while you are all growing stronger, so are your counterparts, and that could possibly endanger you all, and we can't have that." Duni added, "So we must start training as soon as possible." He finished. "But, we're stronger than them." Dick said, and Duni nodded, "Yes, we are, but-" Duni began, but Dommy cut him off. "But if we do not train, we will not grow any stronger, and while we are better now, they could exceed us later." Dommy stated, "Precisely." Duni said with a nod. "Then should we get started instead of wasting valuable time?" Dommy pressed. Duni nodded, "Yes."

     "Okay, are you all ready to return to your minds?" Duni questioned, and we all nodded. Over the past two hours, Duni had taught us a defensive posture, and better ways to attack, and the soft spots that we should go for on a human body. "Alright, have I forgotten anything..." He wondered aloud. "Ah, yes!" He suddenly exclaimed, looking at us. "Every demon has their own special weapon, and almost every demon has their own." Duni spoke. "What do you mean by 'special weapon'?" Dory asked, seeming intrigued. Duni smiled a bit, holding up his talons, "These are my weapons, and no matter what form I'm in, I have them," He explained, "But every demon has something different, whether it be wings, claws, talons, ect." He finished, "Now, I will let you return to your minds now...But not you, Dashlie." Duni said, causing Dashlie to roll her eyes. I then felt the sensation of teleportation.

                       Dashlies POV
      I rolled my eyes and watched as the others were teleportated back to their minds, taking extra time to glare at Don. It's all that brats fault... I thought bitterly. There is SERIOUSLY something wrong with him.. That's when I realized at Duni was glaring at me, and I faced him, my arms crossed and an unamused look on my face, "Yeah?" I asked, sounding impatient. He huffed, "You really don't get it, do you?" He questioned. "Get what!? You keep saying that!" I snapped angrily, and he sighed, shaking his head.

      He took a step closer to me, and I bared my sharp teeth. "Your childish attitude," He began, "Childish!?" I exclaimed, but he ignored me. "Your carelessness, your hatred towards those whom you must work with, your inability to follow directions without snapping at someone or rolling your eyes," "Just get to the point!" I screeched, and he narrowed his eyes. "Fine." He growled, taking another step towards me. "It's going to get you killed." He hissed.

     "Is that a threat!?" I screeched. "No, it's a fact." He said bitterly, and I looked away from him, "Whatever." I hissed. "Do you understand what it means to die?" He questioned, and I stayed silent. "You disappear, Dashlie. You fade away, but you never come back. You don't get a second chance. You're gone. You lose. That's the END." He explained with a seriousness that I've never heard him speak with. I looked at him, slight understanding in my gaze, along with guilt. His eyes had a serious look in them.

     "See, you may not be able to tell this through your worthless layer of sass, but I CARE what happens to you." He added. "Why do you care!? It isn't your job to care!" I snapped. Duni looked at me sadly, "You're such a new demon. It'd be a waste to lose you so soon...But I also see potential in you, Dash. You're better than how you act, stronger than how you act." He continued. "Those demons who you say you hate, they are your partners. In some ways I could even say we are a family as of right now. You have to care for them like a family." Duni continued. "But that's dumb!" I screeched, and Duni put his hand out to silence me, "No, it isn't. A team must be physically strong, yes...But they also must have an emotional bond. One that assures that they will not only fight for the cause, but for one another aswell. That you would fight side-by-side, or even die for each other....And without that bond, a team cannot be a team. They are destined to fail." Duni finished. "I hope that soon you realize that....." He added, and without another word, I felt myself teleport to my own mind. As I arrived, I frowned, sitting down. "Stupid Duni...Actually making me consider being friends with those dorks..." I muttered, but deep down, I knew that his words had sank in.

A/N YAY! Update! I hope you enjoyed this, and I have ALOT planned for this book :3 Welp, see ya next update! And as always, I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!!!!! AND GOODBYE PEEPS!!!!!