(4) What do you know?

Corys POV
      It was very early in the morning, and I hadn't slept since the nightmare.  I huffed in annoyance as I passed the clock that now read 6:17. I slowly walked past the kitchen, not hungry, and walked into the living room. I stopped in suprise as I saw Nick and Ashlie both sitting on the couch. They both looked as exhausted as me. Nick sat next to Ashlie, his elbow resting on his knee, and his head being propped up by his propped hand. Ashlie was slouching while sitting, staring blankly at the TV.

       I walked over and sat in the recliner. "Morning." I murmured. Nick and Ashlie both looked a bit bothered by something, but I figured I wouldn't press it. I wanted to see Uni, but im not going to wake him up. "So, did you guys sleep well?" I questioned awkwardly, trying to start a conversation. Ashlie shook her head tiredly, and Nick just sighed heavily. "Nope, not at all." He replied tiredly. I nodded slowly, "Me neither." Nick glanced st me, "What kept you up?" He questioned curiously. I was hesitant to answer. Should I tell him? I wondered to myself. I was about to answer when I was inturrupted by something.

       It was the sound of footsteps approaching. I looked towards the entrance to the living room and saw Jon slowly emerge. He looked exhausted, but distress still lingered in his gaze. I eyed him worriedly, "Morning Jon, sleep well?" I questioned. He slowly walked over to the couch and flopped down beside Ashlie. "No." He said, his voice nearly emotionless, as if he was lost in thought. "Wheres our happy Jon?" Ashlie questioned with a playful whine. Jon huffed, then shrugged. "So Jon, what kept you up?" Nick questioned Jon. Jon looked at him, a spark of nervousness in his voice, "Uuuhh..." He began but was cut off by an annoyed looking Tommy walking into the living room.

       Tommy walked into the living room and sat down on the ground with his legs crossed. He looked at us, he looked tired and annoyed, but he still smirked. "I thought I heard you dinkweeds in here." He said. Nick looked concerned, "Did we wake you up?" Tommy laughed dryly and looked up at Nick, "Pft, I know that you can tell I barely slept last night, and I can tell the same for you." He said. His blue eyes hid something, but I decided it's probably best not to question it. Tommy looked around, "Heh, so everyones up except Uni?" Tommy questioned. I nodded, "Yep." Tommy looked at me, "You seem worried." He said, "Why?" He pressed. I stayed silent, but the thought of Duni hurting Uni angered me. "Im not worried." I lied. Tommy scoffed, "Yeah, uh-huh." I growled, "You think I can't tell that you're hiding something too, Tom? Why don't you share with us what that might be." I snapped. Tommy looked suprised, then narrowed his eyes at me. "Well played. Who knew worms had brains." He said. I growled under my breath, I was about ready to tackle Tommy, when I heard someone enter the living room.

      I looked up to see Uni walking slowly into the living room. He was looking at the ground, and he seemed deep in thought. I scooted to make room for him on the recliner, and patted it to let him know he could sit with me. He heard me pat the recliner, and he looked up in suprise, as if noticing me for the first time. He stared for a moment before catching on and walking over. He flopped down next to me with an annoyed huff. I could tell he hadn't slept last night either. That means Duni's probably back then... I thought darkly. "So...How'd ya sleep last night?" I questioned, hoping for the answer I knew was true. Uni sighed, "You can tell very well that I didn't sleep last night, Cory. And I could ask you the same question." Uni said. I nodded, "Yeah, I didn't either." I said quietly.

       There was a few moments of complete silence, where no one said a word. Then Nick broke the silence, "So, what kept you guys up?" He questioned curiously. Nobody said a word, "Nightmares kept me up..." Nick then said, a bit of nervousness leaking out. Tommy looked up at him, "Suprisingly enough same for me..." He said. I nodded, "Me too." Ashlie looked surprised, "Me three." "Do I say me four? Well, that's what kept me up anyway." Jon said. Uni looked suprised aswell, "Same." We all looked at each other. "What were you guys nightmares about?" Nick questioned. "It was really weird...There was this girl, and she called herself Dashlie. She said she was my 'evil counterpart'." Ashlie said, then looked at Uni, "And she claimed to work for Duni." Ashlie explained. Everyone was silent for a moment before Tommy spoke, "Is it weird to say that the exact same thing happened to me.... His name was 'Dommy', and he was a totally lame." Tommy growled. "Same for me. His name was Dick, and he was totally uncool." Nick said. "Wait, his name's Dick?" Ashlie questioned with a giggle. "Yeah, I know it's hilarious, right?" Nick said with a chuckle. Everyone nodded and laughed a bit. "My 'evil counterpart' was kinda scary...Don attacked me because I said he didn't look like a demon." Jon said with a shiver. Ashlie frowned, "How dare he attack you!" She said defensively. Jon smiled, "Don't worry Atlie...It's fine." He said. "Dory nearly scared me to death. He's a freak. He looks like a monster..." I said darkly. I looked at Uni, and niticed that he seemed to be deep in thought. I was about to question him when he murmured,  "Im not alone...That's what he meant..." he said. "What do you mean, Uni?" Nick asked. Then Uni looked uo in suprise, as if he had forgotten that we were there. "O-Oh, Duni told me last night that he wasn't alone...And that I can't beat him." Uni said nervously.

       "Ppfftt, last I checked, you've beat Duni before. So, that means you can do it again!" Tommy said happily. Uni smiled a bit, "Yeah, I suppose so. But you guys need to beat yours to." He said. We nodded, "You can teach us!" Jon said exitedly. Uni looked confused, "What do you mean?" Uni questioned. "Just tell us the basic things that we need to know about our demons, then we can beat them." Jon said simply. Uni looked more nervous, "Well, im no expert...And it's alot harder than it seems." Uni explained. "Well, you do know more about them then us." Nick pointed out. Ashlie nodded, "Yeah, what do you know about them?" She questioned. Uni was silent for a moment, as if thinking his next words
Out carefully. "Guys, let's not make this an interrogation." I said to them. They nodded, then Uni spoke up, "Okay, first...Their main goal is to take over your mind, of course. But their objective is to break your mind, that way it's easier to take you over. They will try anything to break you." He said, he shivered a bit, as if remembering something bad. Then he continued, "Second... Even though you'll be in your own mind, they are ultimately stronger than you. You can control things in your mind, but for some reason it's really hard to do so. They can summon any weapon...They can summon anything they want in your mind, and if you learn control, then so can you. Third... If they get hurt in the mind area, they can't heal easily. It's like getting hurt in the real world for them. Fourth...Most headaches mean that your demon is doing something to you...So be wary of that. Also, if they have the power, they can and will come into the real life. And they can take you back into your mind." Uni explained. "And that's about all I know..." Uni finished, glancing at us. I nodded, "Thanks Uni, those were really helpful." I said, and the others agreed exitedly. "So Cory, you said something about your looking like a monster?" Tommy then asked curiously.

A/N Thanks for being so patient guys, Im SO SO SORRY about not updating!! I don't deseeve you guys patience, but I PROMISE i'll try to update more often!!
But I have lots of himework now, and im trying out for All State band, so I have to practice more, not to mention an upcoming book project!!!! Im sorry!!! Well, anyways all is to say, O HOPE YOU HAVE AN ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL DAY, AND GOODBYE PEEPS!!!!