Chapter 15: Old Habits Die Hard...

Y/N POV

It had been a few weeks since I had joined Beacon, and things were going smoothly...

For the most part...

I constantly got into fights with Odran and Team CRDL, though Odran and I had come to a mutual understanding of each other's abilities when at one point beat the living hell out of Cardin when he was bullying Odran's Faunus teammate, Neil Platz...

Though the guy looked familiar for some reason...

Neil Platz was a Fish Faunus, with short lionfish-like spikes coming off his cheeks that reached about twelve centimeters off of his face, he also had small gills on his neck just under his jawbone, so it was hard for him to hide them like Blake and I did with our extra ears...

Back to the present, I was watching Cardin and Jaune spar in Goodwitch's class...

Maybe 'spar' is too strong a word...

Jaune was doubled over breathing heavily, as Cardin watched on and laughing in amusement. Jaune suddenly charged forward to try and hit Cardin with a downward slash, only for the latter to step out of the way and send Jaune flying with a swat from his mace, disarming Jaune of his shield. As Jaune got up he yelled his fury while charging forward at him again, but holding his sword like it was a Great-sword. Cardin easily blocked the attack as Jaune tried to overpower the Giant, though this quickly backfired with Jaune being the one towered over.

Cardin: "This is the part where you lose!" he stated with a cocky smile.

Jaune: "Over my dead-" he was interrupted by Cardin's knee connecting with his gut, flooring the teen as he held his wounded abdomen.

Cardin stood over Jaune and was about to deliver the final hit, when a black smoke covered spike smashed him in the chest, sending him backwards and away from Jaune.

Y/N: "The match is over Cardin, BACK.OFF..." I growled and he gave me a look of pure hatred and I simply smirked in return, my left eye being Mimic's black and white eye.

Cardin: "Whatever, freakshow..." he growled as he walked off to the side of the stage.

Goodwitch then talked about how in a tournament style duel, Jaune could be declared the loser as his aura had dropped into the red and blah, blah, blah I stopped paying attention.