Careful: Part 2

"You sure you don't want us to come with you, Ma?" Jamal asked for the umpteenth time, as they walked out of the hospital cafeteria. Cookie rolled her eyes. They wouldn't leave her be since they found about the baby's health and well being. "The doctor did say to relax as much as you could, and Dad would KILL us if anyth-" "Boy will you GO SOMEWHERE?! I will be fine, I'm just going to-" "That's the same thing you said that's got us following you around, Mom..." Andre chimed in, the others agreeing with him. She sighed and face palmed. "If it makes yall feel any better, and hopefully leave me the hell alone, I'm going to see ya father, alone.."  She said, as their faces fell like little kids. "Well... Okay, Ma. Just be safe and call us if anything happens, please?" Hakeem said as they all embraced her. She nodded, heading to the elevator as they went their separate ways. She walked outside of her husband's room and sighed heavily, walking in slowly as she seen all the machines around, taking note of the I.V. in his arm and the clip on his index finger. She pulled up an armchair on the side of the bed, and after listening to his steady heartbeat for a second, gently grabbed his hand. "Hey ol head... how you been?" She said softly. "Well, leeme fill you in on what's been going on since you been out the loop... Your big head ass kids are giving me hell because.." She paused, staring at the blanket that laid on top of him, and continued. "I made a few bad choices, that I'm paying the price for.. but on another note, I saw our "little boy" today!" She said, chuckling, rubbing her thumb on the back of his hand. "Yeppp, he gave us a lil scare today but his bad ass doin just fine. "Wish you coulda been there wit us, but you know..." She said, wiping away a lone tear that managed to slip out. "It's ok cuz as soon as you wake up we doin all typa shit together!" She finished, turning away for a second to collect herself and get a tissue. "So anyways" she continued, turning back and looking down at his face when her blood ran cold. There, in the bed, was an alert and woke Lucious Lyon. His green eyes peered up at her brown ones, and she dropped the tissue box. "LUCIOUS OH MY GOD" She screamed as she embraced him and banged on the "Nurse" button on his remote. "Baby..." His raspy voice began. Finally hearing him speak brought a fresh batch of tears to her eyes. As the nurses ran in, and doctors were called, Cookie rushed to get him a cup of water, and hopped in the small bed with him as he hurriedly gulped it down. As soon as the cup left his lips, Cookie's replaced it. He held her in his arms and it was only when his heart rate started to rise is when the nurses started to walk toward them. "Hey, hey!" The doctor began. The nurses stopped in their tracks. "Give them a minute..." The nurses looked away as the couple started to get handsy. A sudden silence interrupted the room as the heart machine flatlined, and Cookie panicked, separating their lips. "FUCK NO! COME DO SOMETHING, ITS-" "BABY, BABY!" Lucious finally said, holding up the clip that had fallen off of his finger. Cookie inwardly breathed out a sigh of relief, as they shared a laugh. "Shit man, I swear..." She said, as a few more tears slipped out. Lucious cradled her in his arm that didn't have the IV in it, wiping her tears after one of the nurses finally removed the IV. "So..." He said, kissing her forehead, and smiled down at her as the doctor started setting up to perform tests. "Did you miss me?"...........

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME YALLLL😭😭But I'm back for now, and I gotta give credit to Nani for this one here. She been on my ass about it, and I know it's short, but it's gon get better😏I got sum shit set up fa y'all🤑😁Well, until next time✌🏽✌🏽