5. Christmas Lights

That's mah man up there. Vincent. In. a. Tuxedo.

Effortlessly, Vincent switched from Italian to French and then into German, as he greeted his guests coming to the promotional gala for the launch of Romano Wedding Collections.

Unconsciously, his eyes scanned for one particular female.

Suddenly, as he found her, he stopped dead. She looked stunning in a simple black dress with her hair done up, his jewels glittering as much as her skin around her neck.

For a full moment, Vincent did nothing but look. Then, abruptly, a frown drew his brows together and he strode towards her.

 Then, abruptly, a frown drew his brows together and he strode towards her

Urvashi's feet were killing her again. It was the worst aspect of modelling, she thought- apart from the boredom and the occassional sleazy advances.

But she stood, politely attentive, while a stout German industrialist regaled her with healing properties of spa. Because, she was being treated with great courtesy. Better still, he was keeping the other men at bay.

All except one.

"Hans, wei gehts?"
The deep, accented voice asked.

Urvashi tensed automatically, aware of her own attraction towards the incredibly handsome Vincent Romano in his black tuxedo.

The industrialist's face lit up and he launced into smooth German. But, Urvashi could feel Vincent's eyes on her.

As the men started a more involved conversation, Urvashi set about to drift off.

But, as she started to move, Vincent snaked his hand out and fastened it round her wrist. "Please wait. I need a word with you, Ms...."

Urvashi froze. Two entirely different reactions fighting to occur : firstly, a bolt of hot awareness shot up through her yet secondly, at the same time, she wanted to yank her hand away.

Then, abruptly, her wrist was dropped. He cocked an eyebrow at her, pointedly waiting for the answer even though he already knew it.

"Urvashi Bose," she said reluctantly, wondering why she was so unwilling to tell her name. All he had to do was ask one of his minions, her entire bio-data would be served up to him on a silver platter.

"Urvashi."
He said softly.
It was just her name, that's it. She had heard it a thosand times.

'But not like this...'she thought.

Mutely, Urvashi stayed at his side.

"Why are you not wearing the rest of the jewellery?"Vincent snapped, as soon as he was freed of the German's company, bewildering Urvashi by the sudden change in tone.

There was a flaring of her eyes, Vincent noticed. And, she didn't reply.

"Well?" he prompted.

"They looked like Christmas lights. Do you want me wandering around looking like a christmas tree?"

"And that was your decision, wasn't it? Not wearing the entire paruse." The tone was mild, but it scared her greatly. It was as if she could sense the 'Danger' tattooed on him somewhere.

"It would," she replied pointedly, "be the decision of anyone who had any taste."

His eyes narrowed at her tone.
" My instructions were quite clear."

Urvashi thought, as he was the one paying her to model this jewellery, she should say," Yes Mr. Romano. Three bags full, Mr. Romano."

But, instead, she said," Anymore jewellery other than this necklace would look vulgar, and surely, Mr. Romano, a man of your status would not wish to appear vulgar?"

"What is your problem, Ms. Bose?" He asked in the same soft, deadly voice.

"You," she said, intending to say further. But, at last, her survival instincts were kicking in and poking the tiger, she realished was not a wise thing to do.

"Yes, Ms. Bose? Please elaborate. Me what?" he asked pointedly.

Then, he smiled, secretly. But, as the corner of his mouth quirked, she noticed.

Then the smile vanished.
"You live dangerously," said Vincent softly. Don't do it on my time."

Too much word play??
Wait.
The next chapter is fireeee!!
You all will love it.👌👌