anxiety; pt 10

//unedited.//

/clinton's p.o.v/

after my talk with mariah, i heard what seemed like yelling come from downstairs.

i decided to be slightly nosy and walk out quietly, stopping at the top of the stairs, watching mariah and mark talk or in this case mariah listen and mark yell.

eventually they finish and i hide back, waiting for the sounds of sniffles indicating she's crying, but i didn't hear a sound. i decide to walk downstairs as if i wasn't standing there, just watching what had happened previously.

when i reach the bottom i see mariah, obviously.

"you gonna go talk to mark?" she looks up at me, staying silent for a few moments before speaking.

"actually, he came to talk to me. In a way, i guess you could say we broke up?"

i stand there, faking wide eyes and a shocked expression "over the kiss? did you tell him it was an accident?" i feel bad, im half of the reason this happened.

she shakes her head, "we didn't break up over the kiss.. i didn't even tell him about it."

"don't you think he deserves to know?" i say that only to rub in his face that i kissed his girl, or his ex girl, i guess.

"yeah, but he's already mad and if we ever want to get back together I need him to stay as happy with me as possible."

back together? is she serious?

without thinking, i find myself walking towards her.

she stares at me and i open my arms to wrap around her waist, pulling her against me so our bodies are touching.

her eyes widen slightly and she rests her hands on my chest. I chuckle lightly at her reaction and lean into her causing our foreheads to touch, my eyes move to her eyes and down to her lips.

"just tell me when to stop." shortly after, my eyes close slowly as i lean in, but i open them slightly to see mariah doing the same. her lips are parted slightly and her eyes closed, waiting for the kiss.

just as our lips are about to touch, i feel something else on my lips. i open my eyes watching mariah's outstretched hand and realize she has two fingers pressed against my lips. I pull away to look at her as she lets out a small giggle.

"mark and i just broke up clinton, i shouldn't."

"but you want to?"

she shrugs, a smile evident on her face, "maybe?"

"so, kiss me. who cares if you guys just broke up?" I wrap my arms back around her, letting my hands rest on her hips, this time she puts her arms around my neck, looking up at me and searching my eyes for certainty.

i start to open my mouth, but before any words leave, i feel her small hands on my face, causing me to look down at her.

she simply nods, leaning in once again and our eyes shutting slowly.

i try this once again, but this time i feel that familiar softness from the night before, the kiss starts off slow and no movement of our hands, it then changed to a rougher kiss, her lip sucked between my own before letting it go slowly, causing a small sound of pleasure to fall from her lips.

i move my hands under her thighs and lift her, causing her to grip me tightly and wrap her legs around my waist. i move towards the counter, setting her on top of it and pulling away slightly to look at her. she looks at me and we begin kissing again.

her hands move to my hair, tugging slightly at it, while my hands rest on the tops of her thighs rubbing back and forth against them. our lips move in sync as we continue our kiss, i pull away to move to her neck, pressing open mouth kisses to her neck. I move down her neck continuing my kisses before i begin sucking gently on her skin.