wild thoughts; pt 1

Mariah's pov

Friday 11:36 PM

i stumble out of the unknown room, a tall, slim boy the age of 19 following behind me as i make my way down the stairs back to loud the music flowing out of the speakers followed by the yells of drunk teenagers with raging hormones and breath that reeks of booze. the boy behind me wraps his arms around me and leans down to whisper softly against my ear.

"thanks for a great time, kitten.." i shiver, not because it was sexy, but because he believes i truly wanted him. the truth is he was the only decent guy at this party and i needed a little fun. messing with hearts is what i do best and he is just the next victim.

i simply nod and push his hands away from my hips and walk towards the kitchen table to grab a cup filled with an alcoholic substance, as i downed the drink a burning sensation began to tickle at my throat. i lick my lips and look around at my surroundings; there's girls grinding on guys they've never met before, guys taking girls up to rooms hoping for sex, but if they're lucky they get at least a blowjob.

this was my life, this is what i lived for. the rush of adventure, parties that would blow your mind and most of all playing with the hearts of many. now, you may ask "why are you this way?" well, we'll save that sob story for another time, but as you can probably guess, it had to do with my own heartbreak.

i stop myself from thinking and push past the sea of people in the living room to make my way towards the back yard.

while i'm standing on the wet grass, watching people laugh and scream while messing around in the pool, i wonder what it's like for these people once this little rush of excitement is over and they return back to reality. once again, i'm thinking too much and decide it's best to head out, i've already had my fun for the night.

i go around the side of the house, walk towards the front and look around for my car. i'm not drunk, i've only had a few drinks tonight. i eventually find it, pulling the keys out of my pocket and start the car, fumbling with my seatbelt before looking back at the party one last time, a small smile etched across my face as my tires move against the road and drive off.

Saturday 12:15 AM

i pull up the small place i call home. i live with my 20 year old brother julian and our good for nothing dad. my dad is an alcoholic and just lazy, he only goes to work and to drink. my brother and i are the ones who do everything for this house, i understand how my dad must feel, he lost the love of his life for christ sakes, but i lost my mom and if i can get through this, so can he.

i walk inside, shutting the door behind me quietly and walk past the living room to see my dad past out on the couch, beer in hand. i sigh, shake my head and turn the tv off before walking upstairs to my room.

as i walk towards my room, my brother walks out of his and follows behind me, i open my door and allow him to come in. i throw myself on to my bed and stretch myself out, kicking the shoes off of my feet.

"you're home early, did you have fun tonight?" he asks me as he sits down on the small corner of the bed that isn't covered by me

i sigh before nodding and prop myself up on my elbows to look at him.

"it was fun, but so many thoughts were flooding my head, i decided to come home and just sleep."

he nods before getting up and kisses my forehead, telling me he loves me as he walks out. he stops and mumbles something about a concert, but i'm too tired to actually pay attention so i just yes and with that he leaves and my eyes close and i fall into a deep sleep.

this is my first story, so ofc it's gonna be bad, but i am trying 😂 if you enjoyed this, great and i'll be updating soon and if not, i'm sorry. i'm hoping to write longer chapters in the future and i promise more exciting stuff will happen in the next chapter. thanks for reading everyone ❤️
-kas☀️