4

It was midnight when I reached home. My work was tough since I had to move around. I had to escort the customers to their reserved table, taking orders for the customers, took the orders to the kitchen, bringing the food and beverage to the table, cleaned up the table after the customers left, and some final check to ensure that everything was in order. My shift ended at 11, so I had to catch the last train to get home.

I was grateful that the owner of the cafe allowed me to work for him. Thirteen was way too young to start the part time job. I know it was inappropriate for a middle schoolers to have a part time job that ends this late. Still, I have to do this to cover some expenses; notably the school taxes. My Mom worked so hard from dawn to dusk. But still, it was not enough. I knew that I should help her, and I'm glad to do so. Even though I need to sacrifice some of my study time to earn golds.

Like the other parents, of course Mom minded about the given shift. Not only that, she was concern why I chose to work in Tokyo, not in Kanagawa as she suggested. Personally I chose Tokyo because it was not too far and I rarely met some students which derive from Rikkaidai.

Working in Kanagawa was risky since the chance to met Rikkai's students was high. I tried my best not to stand out and I intended to keep it that way. After a lot of convincing, my mother eventually agreed. That applied in one condition; I should not let my grades down by B. I agreed even though that was means a lot of effort.

The neighborhood was expectedly deserted during the midnight. That would save me from much trouble, since nobody could see me wandering around at night. Most of them were already asleep at this rate,

I removed my shoes after locking the door, "I'm home,"

"Welcome back." Mom popped her head out of the room. I simply nodded and headed to the living room where my mom was. She was sitting on the sofa with fashion magazine in her hand. My eyes narrowed by Mom's choice of read. I'm personally prefer newspaper over fashion magazine.

I crossed my arms in annoyance as I realized that Mom is not asleep yet, "I told you to sleep ahead, mom. You don't have to wait for me."

She smiled gently, "It's okay Ruu. I feel uneasy if I don't wait for you. How's school today?"

"Okay, I guess..." I made my way to my bedroom, trying to retaliated from some sort of conversation about school, especially about the tension that occurs earlier. I turned my head to Mom with passive expression, "I will have some shower."

"Should I make some late night meal?" She put the magazine on the table and began to headed to kitchen.

"No, thanks mom. I already ate." I decline politely. She stopped halfway and looked at me with concerned look. I noticed that she look little dejected by my answer. Don't want to made her feel worse, I added, "I know that you are tired, mom. Don't push yourself."

She forced her lips to smile, "Okay, if you said so.."

I nodded in agreement as I climbed the stairs. Mom followed me afterwards and turned to her own bedroom to went to sleep.

"Good night, Mom." I inquired when she was about to closed the door.

Mom's lips curved to radiant smile, "Good night, Ruu."

I watched as she closed the door before turned to my bedroom. My bedroom was right in front of hers, so she would know if I attempted to sneak out. She was a quite light sleeper just like I am. Honestly, I was surprised that she was able to take more job hour even though she had slept a little.

After lit up the light, I put my bag beside my study desk and removed all of the weight bands on my wrist and ankles. Bun suggested me to wear those everyday to improved my speed and stamina. I never take it off except when I goes to sleep or taking a bath. I never consider the weight ever since I starting to used them. I keep adding more weight every 1,5 months, and I'm sure that all of the slots of each bands would be filled in no time.