3

Once we reached the library, I went to mystery section that located in the back of the library. I didn't even bother to told Yagyuu where I heading to, since I thought that he came to library to search for reference book for school's assignment. I was surprised when he trailed me behind, so I turned my back and see how he startled by my sudden action.

"What's wrong, Katsuyuki-kun?"

His voice was calm. I can tell that he tried to sound polite as possible albeit being surprised. Perhaps he was confused why I suddenly stopped and turned like that. I tilted my head, deep in thought. Remembered that he was searching for novels, I shook my head. I can feel that he was staring at me in wonder, but I paid no attention to him and headed to destined shelves.

Yagyuu pushed up his glasses as he swept his glance to the suite of books in front of us,"What kind of book do you like to read?"

I cast my glance to the bookshelf. There's so much genres of books that i like; mystery, horror, thriller, sci-fi, or perhaps non-fiction. Other than that, I like actions, story about spies; how they managed to get their mission done. Don't forget to included that I liked stories about zombies as well.

Romance was an exception. I never understand how opposite genders attract and fell in love in relatively short time. I get cringed when I've found melancholic lines about how he/or she missed someone or loved someone. After all, since I was little I've never seen both of my parents in being so lovey-dovey in front of me. Oh well, perhaps they had save that for privacy.

I didn't know how to explain that less than three words nonetheless. I was kind of silent and didn't talk more than necessary. I always thought that answering with nod and shake of head was enough, but this was the first time that I need more than three words to answer a question. Maybe I should try to talk more, or else, everyone would consider me as mute.

"Much." That was the only answer that I managed to let out.

He let out a polite smile, "Do mystery count as your favorite?"

I nodded. It was plainly obvious; that's why I came here at the first place.

"Mind if I recommend you some?" He offered. I stared at him with wonder, couldn't believe why he became so kind even though we barely know each other less than fifteen minutes ago. Being a gentleman that he is, I couldn't possibly let the chance got away. I nodded in agreement.

"Well then," Yagyuu looked up, swept his glance through the books. It didn't took long before he raised his hand and less in seconds, he handed the hard-covered book to me. I took it and examined it's cover, guessed that it was a detective novel.

He handed another book, "This is my favorite. I hope that you enjoyed it as I am." I stared at it for a moment before accepted it.

"The Murder of Roger Ackroyd." I murmured, inspecting the covers. I heard much about Agatha Christie, and owned some title from her books. I definitely missed this title, because this is the first time I saw it.

We then chatted about everything about our favorite book, new detective book that had been released recently, also some interesting scene that makes our adrenaline rushed. Especially the action scenes when the detectives hunt down the murderer. I inwardly thought what would happens if the murderer wins, but I didn't speak it out loud. I also wonder if Yagyuu likes to play detective, since he looked so smart and intuitive as well.

As our conversation ended, I moved on to another section. Yagyuu had not noticed me walking away; he occupied himself with another suite of books in front of him.

I managed got piles of books in different genres in my hand when the bell's rang. I had planned to borrow all of them, but Yagyuu didn't seem convinced when he seeing me practically drowned behind those books. So he suggested me to left more than a half of them; it's no way that I could bring those books home. Those won't fit in my bag.