Tiberius' mother looked unimpressed with his remark. "A father needs to learn to let go."

"Shows he cares enough to fight for those he loves," Tiberius rebutted.

He was brought up to speed with the happenings of his younger brother since his arrival. Even got to talk to him many times and apologize for bullying Lance out of jealousy years ago.

The pup had a good head on his shoulders and a strong spirit. Tiberius hoped that in the coming years of his training, their father wouldn't break it.

"It goes against tradition."

Tiberius smirked to himself. "Last time I checked, tradition said that the lower ranking mate joined the higher ranking mate's pack. Gwen was the former Luna. Can't get much higher than that, huh?"

"Former Luna," his mother reiterated as she stood back up.

Footsteps announced the coming of his mate and Luna before the Luna whistled to call the pups to attention.

He set Alethea down on the ground before rising to his feet as the pair of females stepped out of the packhouse with trays of food in their hands.

He flashed Crystal a smile as he reached for two towels and she grinned right back before setting her tray on the table and setting out the plates of food for the pups.

The two oldest pups darting around the yard turned from each other and ran toward Tiberius and accepted their towels from his hands.

"What's for lunch, Luna?" Teddy asked as he wiped the water from his face.

Silas and Sadie shook the water from their fur before scampering to Crystal's feet and whining for their lunch.

"Something that will make you big and strong," Luna answered with heightened enthusiasm.

Teddy groaned as he wrapped his towel around himself and pulled out a chair. "Why can't we eat something normal like macaroni and cheese?"

"We have that all the time. Besides, we had that yesterday and I told Uncle Trey that I would make you something good for you this time. You don't hear the pups complaining, do you?"

"That's because they're weird," Teddy said to which his cousin and Alethea huffed.

"We're not weird, you are," they announced in unison, then giggled and pointed at each other. "Jinx!"

Teddy frowned at the food on his plate while his cousin and Alethea started eating and Crystal set down two bowls full of the raw meat swimming in a pool of milk for their two pups. Tail wagging, Silas and Sadie immediately started gobbling up their lunch as Tiberius took his seat next to Teddy with his mother on his other side, Crystal beside her, Alethea next to her, Luna next to her, and Teddy's cousin on his other side.

"Pork chops and onions?" Teddy asked, scrunching his nose up. "Uncle Trey made us pork chops two nights ago."

"It's not pork chops, stupid," his cousin retorted.

"Alexandra, what have I said about name-calling?" Luna Aubree said in a firm tone.

Alexandra huffed and brushed her dripping wet curls behind her ears. "Sorry, Teddy."

"Still..." Teddy said, trailing off as he poked the cut meat with his fork. "What is it?"

"Try it, it's yummy," Alethea said, half the cut pieces on her plate already eaten.

Teddy grumbled, stabbing a small square with his fork and putting it in his mouth. He made a face. "It's weird. What is it?"

"Good, huh?" Tiberius said, quickly finishing the uncut slab on his plate and looking up hopefully at the Luna. "Got any more inside?"