You're In This For The Long Run

Isabelle's POV 

X carried me back into the house and laid me down on my bed so I could sleep. As he was about to walk out, I called out to him. "X, can you please stay? I'm scared," I said with tears in my eyes. I wasn't exactly scared, I was more scared that he was going to leave and not come back. 

"I have to go see my family, Princess. They just got back from a trip and we need to spend some time together," X said and kissed my cheek. "I will have someone stand outside of your room so you know you're safe, okay Princess?" I nodded and then he left the room. 

I know that he needed to spend time with his family... but it hurt that I wasn't getting all of his attention. I don't want to be selfish, but I can't help it, I'm five. I fell asleep with tears rushing down my face as I thought about my mom and dad, and the rest of my now dead pack. 

Xavier's POV

'John,' I called him through my head. 

'Yes, Alpha?' John replied. 

'I need you to watch Isabelle's door and make sure she's safe and asleep. She's been a little scared, and I can't be there for her right now,' I explained. 

'Of course, Alpha Xavier. Anything else you need?' 

"Yes, I need you to get some of the omega's to go and buy her clothing and all the other stuff little girls need.' 

'Alright.'

I walked downstairs after tucking Isabelle into bed. I didn't want to leave her while she was in that state, but I hadn't seen my family in a long time and I needed to explain the situation about her to them. My family was watching a movie with little Anna almost asleep in my father's arms. I smiled when I saw her eyes start to flutter close. 

"Mom, Dad?" I whispered and sat down on a love seat couch. 

"I'm going to go get Anna to bed with Fluffy. You two need to talk," my mother said picking up Anna and Fluffy. My father was sitting there just staring at me as he turned off the TV. 

"We need to talk, Father. I need you to understand that Isabelle isn't going anywhere. I know she probably won't ever consider me her father, but that's alright. She's important to me," I told him. 

"You've known her for a couple of days, son! Are you out of you're damn mind?!" He yelled. "You are not her father! You definitely aren't ready to be a father!" He shouted. 

"Don't tell me I'm not ready to be a father, because I am. I'm willing to do anything for that little girl. I know I have a lot of other responsibility's but I can handle that, and I can handle Isabelle. You need to trust me because I'm doing this whether or not I have your's and mom's blessing," I said in a very stern tone to let him know that he's no longer the boss of me. 

My father sat back in his chair and then slowly nodded. "I'm proud of you, son. I'm glad that you know what you want in life and you know how to get it. But remember, your in this for the long run. You can't decide to take care of that little girl and then change your mind. That's not how it works," he informed me like I already didn't know that. "You also haven't considered your future mates feelings in this. You're going to find her and she might not want someone else's daughter," he said with a small frown.

"Of course, father. But if my mate doesn't want her... I'll have to... reject her. I can't give this much up for someone. My mate will care for Isabelle too if we're meant to be together" I shook his hand and left the room to head to bed. 

Isabelle's POV

"Princess," I heard someone say out like a song. I opened my eyes and saw X looking at me. "Good morning. I have some nice clothing for you," he smiled. 

I sat up right away to see bags and bags of clothing and toys on the ground. X was smiling as I got up and ran over to the toy bags. I was about to pick out a toy but X picked me up and kissed me all over my face making me giggle. 

"Before you get into those toys, let's get you dressed and have breakfast," he said. "Now, go pick yourself out a little outfit." He put me down and I went running towards the clothing.

I decided to wear a white summer dress and flip-flops. X loved my flip-flops and laughed at the sounds I made whenever I made a step. He held my hand as we walked into the kitchen. I froze when I saw a bunch of people that I've never seen before. These people looked huge. I began to whimper in fear as they made loud noises. X hadn't noticed my fear because he was too distracted talking to John. 

A man stepped closer to me that I didn't know when he saw my tears. He reached out to touch me and I started screaming and crying harder. Everyone stopped talking and stared at me as I had a breakdown. X scooped me up into his arms and raced me out of the room still screaming and crying. He was saying things to try and calm me down but it wasn't working. 

I was now being placed on my bed because I was kicking and punching at X. I didn't even realize what I was doing. He backed off because whenever he tried to touch me, I'd scream or kick. I kept this up for hours until I fell asleep from exhaustion. 

Xavier's POV  

After I got Isabelle dressed in a little white dress and flip-flops, I brought her downstairs-- holding her hand-- to get some breakfast. I saw all my friends and pack members eating and went to go talk to John. 

"Hey, John," I smiled. 

"I see you got the clothing," he pointed at Isabelle in her cute little dress. 

"Yes, she--" I was interrupted by such a high pitched scream. I looked down at Isabelle and saw her crying and screaming. She was even kicking at the air. Everyone's heads turned in her direction and stared at her in complete shock. I hadn't introduced her to anyone, so they must be even more confused.

I needed to get Isabelle out of here before she hurts herself. I picked her up in my arms even though she was kicking a punching. What do I do now? 

"Isabelle, I'm here. What happened, Princess?" I asked her. 

No response. 

I quickly ran her up to the room she was staying in and placed her on the bed because I couldn't control her. I had no idea what to do... how do you stop this? Anna never had tantrums like this. She did scream sometimes and throw things, but she never became physical like Isabelle is doing now. 

"I'm right here, Isabelle. You're going to be okay," I said rubbing her sweaty forehead as she finally fell asleep. She fell asleep from exhaustion, and her hair was dripping wet with sweat. I need help with her. She needs to talk to someone... I need to figure out what happened to her before she came here. She was going to give me answers because that's the only way I can help her.