Kaila and I stopped walking when we reached my car. I opened my back door to leave my books in the backseat and leaned against the driver's door after I closed it.

   "Are you going to be okay?"

   I nodded. "I'm fine; it'll just take some getting used to."

   It's easy to not think about someone that's not around. Having Ian around again is a whole new story.

   "Well, I should get home and shower." Ten minutes to drive to school from my apartment, including a shower was not nearly enough time, so not showering was my opportunity cost. I've got to do what I've got to do in order pass my classes.

   "Do you work tonight?"

   "No, I think Joel's coming over later." That's her little hint to probably not come home tonight, at least not until later.

   "Great," she groaned sarcastically, catching the subtle hint I dropped. "Okay, well, I'll be at work. I'll try and go over Jocelyn's or something."

   "You can come home, Kai, we'll keep it PG," I laughed. I just love making her uncomfortable.

   Kaila rolled her eyes and flicked my forehead as she started to walk away. "See you, hun!" I briefly waved before I got in my car to go back to the apartment I share with Kaila.

   Kaila and I lived on campus freshmen year and half of sophomore year, until we saved up enough for an apartment. Ultimately, we were saving so much money by living at an apartment right off campus as opposed to the dorms.

   Joel has talked about wanting me to move in with him, but I've turned the idea down more than once. I just don't think it's the best idea because I still have another year at Miami while he finishes up this year. Plus, he's supposed to start meeting with agents to get recruited to play for an NFL team, or even just a minor league team.

   I'd hate to move in with him for two months, then find out he's leaving to play professional football.

   I ran my hand through my hair that was surprisingly still soft and clean — probably because I laid in bed the entire day yesterday — and unlocked the door to my apartment, ready to shower and go back to sleep before my next class in a couple of hours.

   "Surprise!" Joel jumped out in front of me from behind the door, throwing his hands in the air. I gasped so loud and jumped so high that I thought I was having some sort of heart attack. I punched him in the stomach and regretted it instantly — don't punch your football playing boyfriend in his rock-hard abs.

   Joel grabbed my hands and pulled me into his arms, simply giving me a bone-crushing hug.

   Since Joel spent so long pining over me as I was getting over Ian, we got really close, kind of how things were with Ian; we were close friends before we dated. Ever since I met Joel, his hugs have been up there in my favorite things about him.

   Plus, he has always known exactly when I needed them most.

   "I missed you yesterday," he murmured before kissing the top of my head.

   And he's one of the most understanding people I've ever met. I was supposed to hangout with him yesterday, but I just needed time to myself, and he was understanding.

   It's the little things like that that made it so easy for me to fall in love with him.

   "I missed you, too." I looked up to meet Joel's gaze and kissed him. "I love you."

   "I love you, too," he smiled with his teeth and all, which he doesn't do all that often. "How are you?"

"Tired," I sighed. "I'm sure I smell, too."