Chapter Fifty-Nine

*Four months later*

"Hey dad." I smiled as I walked through the front door of the museum. Zak was talking to one of the tour guides about a new object that had come in so he wanted her to avoid it until they gave it the proper casing around it. Once he heard me say hello, he smiled, finished up his conversation and walked toward me.

"Charlie! How was school?" I sighed.

"Tiring, you're never truly prepared for university" He smiled.

"I'm so proud of you, you know" He put his shoulder over me and squeezed.

"Trust me dad I know, you practically tell me that every single day"

He laughed and took his arm off of me. "Do you wanna come see the new object they brought in today? I just bought it a few days ago and I had no idea it was coming in so fast"

The light in his eyes were unmistakable. Here is a grow man, who in many ways is a serious guy and can be scary, looked like a kid on Christmas morning.

"Of course" He grinned.

"Follow me"

Zak led me through the multiple hallways of the museum, some I recognized, and some I did not. As we passed the doll room, we both held our breaths and refused to look in the room, remembering the last time we were both near the doll room.

After a few more minutes of traveling through the museum, Zak led me to the last room at the very back of the house. The second I stepped foot in the room, I began to have flashes—pictures of a life I've never lived. I put my hand against the wall the keep my balance, I didn't want to tell Zak what I was getting until I knew it myself.

"I've never been in here before" I said as I looked around, still getting flashes. The walls were an old brown, a few things were scattered around in glass cases that were positioned around the room.

"I generally keep the boring things in here, but not anymore"

Zak waked up to a box in the middle of the room. I could only see the shape of it, considering it was covered by a thick, black, sheet. Just before Zak lifted the sheet, I stopped him.

"Dad, I can literally feel the evil pulsing off of that thing. What did you buy?"

Zak stopped lifting the sheet and put it down. "Really? I knew something bad was attached to it, but I didn't think it was bad enough to hit your radar." I took a deep breath and pushed my hand harder into the wall.

"Are you getting any readings off of it or anything?"

I nodded, but didn't say anything.

"What are you get—" I held my finger up in the air. The flashes were getting stronger and I needed to focus.

"It's all jumbles. Like, I'm getting images and something about a—a white dress? I have no idea how to explain this to you. And I'm also getting, I think there lyrics if I'll be honest."

Zak's eyes widened.

"What?"

"I don't know anything about a white dress, but do you want to see what's under the sheet or not?"

I nodded; pictures of a woman wearing a white dress flooded my mind as I tried to focus on what Zak was showing me.

Zak once again walked over to the box with the black sheet and began pulling the covering off, unveiling the mysterious haunted object. Once it was revealed, my mouth formed the shape of an O.

"A gramophone? No wonder I was getting songs. But, I was also getting something about murder, like a stabbing? I'm feeling something in the neck?"

"Wow" Zak whispered. "You never fail to amaze me Charlie. You want to know the whole story?"