Chapter Forty-Three

The drive back into the city was much less tense than the drive out. We were both incredibly nervous about doing this, but we had no choice.

"Catch" Zak called. I looked over just in the nick of time and caught my black backpack flying at me. I gave Zak a slight glare for the poor warning. He just shrugged his shoulders and closed the trunk of his black SUV.

I stood at the entrance of the museum; Zak joined my side not too soon after. The sun had set and it was complete darkness outside, only making the museum more terrifying.

"No matter what happens, no matter what I say, I need you to know you are the most important person in my life and that I love you"

I turned to Zak and gave him a smile. "Sameses" He just rolled his eyes and walked toward the doors. He pulled the keys out of his pocket and unlocked the doors.

"Here we go" I whispered and walked into the Haunted Museum.

The second I stepped in, I noticed the mess.

"What the hell happened in here?" I looked at Zak, who didn't seem bothered by it.

"Like I said- we seriously pissed this thing off"

"Dummies" I mumbled under my breath.

I followed Zak as he led me down one of the hallways. A couple creepy portraits and a few framed pictures were on the ground and glass from them had broken and coated the floor. It crunched under our shoes as we walked through it.

I was getting some serious déjà vu moments as we creeped around. My heart had started to pound faster as I remembered running away from a homicidal Zak down this very corridor.

Zak seemed to notice my uneasiness and stopped walking. "Are you okay? Because if you're not we can go outside and take a breather"

I shook my head and swallowed any anxious feelings. "No, let's keep going, nothing has happened yet" He nodded and continued walking.

After a few minutes of just silence Zak asked me a question. "Are you feeling anything? Psychically?"

I shook my head. I wasn't feeling anything major, just small things, things I couldn't quite figure out. But I was pretty sure I would be able to tell if it was a powerful energy such as Jafar.

He huffed and continued on, but when I tried to follow him something caught my attention. I turned to my left and looked into the room next to me. I walked inside. The room was full of chairs and had a black coffin at the end of it. I walked toward it and laid my hand down on the edge. A sudden nauseous feeling overtook me and caused me to lurch forward in pain. That was when I felt it. It was pure evil.

I shot around and faced the rest of the room. Zak probably didn't even know I had walked away from him and he was probably way too far for me to call for him now. I internally scolded myself for being so dumb. Just as I was scanning the room; the power shut off.

Just great

I took off my black backpack and put it on the floor. I searched through it and felt my camera; I quickly switched in on and put in in night vision. Thank god the guys showed me how to use this thing.

I could only see so much through the small screen in my hands, but something was better than nothing. I closed my backpack back up and left it on the floor, I would remember to grab it later. The sound of someone standing in the doorway caused me to jump in fear.

"Who's there!?" I yelled. A figure came into my camera view.

"Charlie?" It was Zak. He too, was carrying a camera.