Chapter 10

"Sir,"

An agent runs up to us, the side of his face is covered in soot. "The Hulk and Thor are in shuttle 2, 3 and 4!"

"Sir, the Hulk will tear this place apart!" Maria shouted out to their Director.

Hmm, even obviously trapped, they still look at Nick for help.

Nick faces their direction as much as he possibly can, despite still being trapped by me. "Get his attention. The rest of you, go! Do your jobs!" He grumbles out to the agents who are still staring at me warily.

Fury rolls his eyes and then looks back at me again.

"Lorelie, listen to me," He starts, trying to break through the dark cloud that has made itself home in my heart. "I know you want answers but I can't give them to you now. We're in the middle of a battle."

"You had every opportunity, you had every spare moment to tell me, yet you didn't." I hissed, teeth bared. "You kept me locked up Fury! You kept me LOCKED UP!"

The voices were growing louder. The apparations of my past were coming to the surface like a film being played before my eyes.

"Ty temnaya ved'ma!"

"Pyatka!"

His voice rings in my ear and I try my best to force him out but I can't. My vision darkens and I see him standing in front of me.

His eyes filled with all sorts of promises. Dark ones.

Then my body is tortured over and over again.

Glimpses of my past are taken over in my mind and I nearly collapse at the severity of it.

I see the numbers I killed.

The buildings I destroyed.

The targets I murdered.

"Hail HYDRA."

"Shut up!" My mind explodes. "Shut up, shut up--SHUT UP!"

"Lorelie, fight it!" Nick is still trying to get through me. "You know who you are! You know this isn't you!"

I don't know who I was yelling at. Nick or the ghosts from my past. All I know was that I was losing control.

I drop Nick, forcing him away as I collapse to my knees, holding onto my head. The Hellacarrier rocked heavily by my doing, my abilities running rampant.

Nick is by my side instantly, knowing I had chosen to let him go. "Lorelie, push it back. Get your ass up and fight. We're gonna need you." He's holding onto my arm and dragging me up.

My mind is still ringing as I face him.

I can't fathom what I've done.

It felt like I was a puppet on strings.

All that anger, all that rage, all the death I dealt in my quest to reach Fury.

I had every right to be angry but not like this. Not to the point where I murdered those who only tried to stop me.

Taking a deep breath, I put up an energy block to force that part of my memories away for the time being.

It was only a temporary fix. I know the next time I lose control, I wouldn't have the strength to snap out of it.

So I do the things I do best. I ignore it, I choose to keep it away because I'm afraid of what will happen if I face it now. Nick was right, I needed to focus, we were in the middle of a war.