Chapter 5

"Absolutely not."

"Oh come on!"

"No."

"Please-"

"No. N-O. No, do you hear me?"

Huffing, I glared at Fury with hatred.

"Listen Nicky, I can help. You know I can."

He crosses his arms over his chest and shook his head, refusing to budge on the subject.

"I will not let you meet Princess crazypants and you will not see him, do you understand?" He spoke, wagging a finger at me.

Rolling my eyes at him and his choice words for Loki, I glowered.

"There's something up with him, Nick. I can help. I can detect his plans but I can't do that if you don't drop the MAGA waves!" I shouted.

When Nick realized I was gaining information on my own to classified places, he put up a MAGA wave that blocks me from projecting a mirror image.

What were MAGA waves?

Magnetic Alternator Gamma Aviator.

He spent millions of dollars formulating the system so he could keep me out of places.

It annoyed me to no end.

I hadn't heard of a MAGA wave by Loki's cell so I assumed it would have been fine and instead of doing things my way, I wanted to ask Nick because I respected him.

Also, because he was kind of a father figure to me.

A dysfunctional one-eyed spy dad.

Lo and behold, Nick must've realized what I was planning because he implemented the system on Loki's cell.

That's the last time I'll ever ask for permission.

"Nick, I know what I'm doing. I'll just get in and get out, it'll be easy." It was difficult to control my temper, not when he was being unreasonable.

There was no reason not to use my abilities, I could help them locate the tesseract, hell, I could figure out what Loki's plans were.

Why wasn't Fury letting me?

"Lorelie, I'm saying this only once. Stand down. We don't want you getting found out."

Something in his voice fueled my anger.

It was always going to be about that huh?

I should stay put because I'm a threat, I should live like the dead because I'm too dangerous, I shouldn't move a muscle because people will find out I'm alive.

Screw that.

Why not just tell me how you really feel, Nick?

"Yes, that's what you're worried about aren't you?"

He recoiled at my tone, finding my words laced with hidden intention. "I don't know what you mean,"

"Sure, keep telling yourself that."

"Explain it to me," Fury steps forward, arms cross, leather coat swinging. He was scowling. "Are you uncomfortable with something... Brook?"

Fine. He wants to do it this way?

I'll lay it out for him.

"You're afraid that when people realize I'm alive, bad things will start to happen. I'll be at risk of turning back to who I was in the past."

The urge to throw something is real. "A HYDRA soldier, isn't that right?"

I didn't want to reveal how angry I was but my powers manifesting before us seemed to give that away. "Tell me I'm wrong,"