Chapter 4

"Vse yeshche!"

I writhed heavily under the command, teeth barred as I fought my captors.

"Try me, assholes!" The metal bars were holding me still. All around me there is nothing but darkness.

I needed to get out, I needed to escape, I needed to go back.

Go back where?

A voice seemed to mock me.

You have nowhere to return to.

I grow desperate in my struggles. The restrains on me are tight, the chair I'm sitting on is metal and it's cold-- it's so cold.

My mind is heavy, my eyes are blurry.

"YA skazal, uspokoysya!"

Someone slaps me hard, I feel my neck snap to the side and my teeth tear into my lip.

"Enough."

My body froze at the voice and my eyes snapped towards his incoming figure through the darkness of this dungeon.

"Agent Lorelie, you've been a bad girl." He chuckled. I squinted from where I sat, unable to see clearly over the glare of the light.

Whoever he was, I was not going to give in.

"Try all you can. You will never gain any information from me." It was a venomous threat. One, I would gladly prove.

He hummed and circled me, while I watch carefully for what he had planned.

"How amusing... you've forgotten how long it's been haven't you?"

"Enough with the small talk, don't waste my time," I resisted the urge to struggle again. My wrist has bled raw at this point. "Get to the point--"

My hair jerks backwards, his hand ripping at the strands mercilessly.

I hissed in pain.

His voice appears from somewhere behind me, mouth close to my ear. "How long do you think it's been, Soldat?"

I frowned, my mind freezing. It's like the word had clicked gears into my brain. I found it hard to understand.

"What... What do you mean?"

He doesn't release my hair, rather he holds onto it until he's standing right in front of me.

No matter how much I stare at him, his face is blank to me. I can't register it. I can't do anything.

"I said, how long do you think, you've been trapped here?" He enunciates. "Think very, carefully, Agent Lorelie."

How long have I been here?

It must have been hours right?

The last thing I remember was Natasha telling me to meet back at the safe house located near Durban City. After that...

Nothing.

A dizzy spell hit me hard and fast.

Something wasn't right.

Everything was spinning. I have to bite my lip to distract the mental pain, with physical pain.

Think. Try to think.

Why is nothing coming up?

It was only when I glance down and realized I'm wearing a uniform--a uniform that is unfamiliar to me, that I knew something was very, wrong.