Part 10

I looked at him shocked and said "Why did you go through my phone and my messages?" He gave me a weird look and said "I did not read any of your message. I just forwarded you the number. I also may have checked your gallery, I must say ypu are cute but sexy."

I rolled my eyes and said "You can't tell anyone about this. Promise me you will never use this against Maxwell. This is our deepest and darkest secret."

He said in an irritated voice "First order we will discuss all this later, we have lot to talk as I said." I looked in the menu and ordered a pizza and coke, while he ordered a salad and water.

Don't judge me by my order, I love to eat. After our order he said "Let's go up, I have an office on 19th floor we will discuss there. Our orders will be there in few minutes. I nodded my head and followed him. 

We entered his office, it was beautiful like a dream office. His window curtains were open and from there you can see the whole of central park. He sat down on a couch and asked me to take a seat. I pulled a chair and sat in front of the window. By that time our food has also arrived and he pulled another chair beside me. The waiter who brought our food up, set it on a table and moved the table near the window where we were settled.

After he left Alex said "I guess you liked my office?" I just nodded and said "Please can you not tell anyone about my brother?" He said "How did your parents hide him for so many years and why? Why did you run away from your own wedding? I need all the answers, now that I know so much about you and I did help you hide." 

I said "It's a long story, how can I trust you that you won't tell anyone about it?" He said "We have all the time, tell me the story now. If not I'm calling your parents informing them about you being here."

I was shocked at him, by now I had tears in my eyes I said "You can't do this to me, I can't go back to them." He said "Then tell me everything then." I nodded and said "I will tell you, but you can't tell a soul and you will not talk in between my story." He nodded and said "Okay start your story." By now we were done eating so he moved the table so that we were both sitting comfortably. 

"I was 3 years old, when I first met Maxwell family. I am their adoptive child. I used to live in an orphanage in London, they along with their six year old son has visited us one day with many gifts. That day their son enjoyed a lot with us, we two connected a lot. In orphanage there was this other group of children who bullied me, their son saved me from them that day. After that he visited us every weekend. One day a fire broke out in orphanage when he was with us, many kids and staff died in that fire. But as I was with him in one of the rooms of orphanage, his parents saved me. At that time I don't know what happened to their son I was unconscious. I will always be thankful to them for saving me. As I had no other place to stay Maxwell legally adopted me. I was happy to have family now, but I never saw their son after that fire. I asked them about him, they told me he also died in fire. It was all over news that sole hire of Maxwell died in fire. After that as time passed by, I forgot about him. No one knew when I was born so I celebrate my birthday on 30th May, their son's birthday. Maxwell have always treated me like their own daughter, so by passing time people forgot about me being adoptive. Maxwell paid someone to remove all the news about me being adoptive and their son's death. On my 15th birthday, they planned a trip to New York. On our trip they introduced me to a 18 year boy named Cody. He was there son, who died years back. They told us that fire was caused purposely to kill Cody, so they had to hide him. After our birthday my parents went on a business trip and I stayed with Cody for a month and we became close. I did not get to meet Cody after that till I turned 18 and went on a year trip. Cody is living life with a fake surname and identity, his true identity is only know to Maxwell, Mary one of our maid, Asher Cody's best friend and Oliver Asher's brother and his boyfriend Connor. They were the boys who helped me to run away. That's it, you can't tell anyone about Cody because he is the only family I have."