Chapter 11: The Bargain

HEYYYYYYY Y'ALLLLLLL.

I'm back with more chapters. You guys deserve this for reading my book. Anyway, please remember to comment, vote, and share!

Image above designed by me.

P.s. you guys might notice that my dialogue quote marks (idk what they are called. Apostrophe? Ah! Quotation marks, I think...?) have changed. It's because I finally remembered to download the British keyboard onto my phone so the autocorrect wouldn't interfere.

I talk too much.

Let's do this.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Camillia's Pov

She was practically thrown into the dark room along with Julian. She tore away from the wall she was shoved against, bounding back for the door only for it to be closed in her face. She pounded on the door.

The tiny sliding slot at the top of the door clanked aside to reveal the weary face of the guard. 'Look, cariño, I don't like this anymore than you do, it's unfair, and we're not supposed to put people like you in here, but please cut me some slack and not pound or yell. I'm trying to rest. I was on night shift last night.' The slot slid closed.

She pounded on the door again. The slot slid open. 'What now?'

'Let us go! I'll call the police! You'll be charged for kidnapping!'

She heard the guard sigh. 'You go ahead and try, chica. Phones don't work here in Storage, nor any electronic devices.'

Camillia collapsed to her knees.

No help. No hope. Cut off.

She let out a frustrated scream, and let her pent-up emotions flow free.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jazz's POV

Jazz stormed into the Grand Hall of the Atheneum, his clothes slick with ran and mud. He left orders for Leigh and Marc to stay behind and finish the job.

He, on the other hand, was going to have a nice little chat with Octavius.

'Octavius Shortsnout!' How often can one man, be described in his last name?

Jazz disabled the booby traps probably set by the man himself and forced his way through the throng of guards in front of the Head Curator's Office, kicking the door in.

'I demand the release of the girl and her brother!'

Octavius looked up from his desk, unfazed, and arched an eyebrow. Seeing his tiny figure at the huge desk was almoat comical.

'Jasper Wulfstan. What business do you have disabling all my protective measures and destroying my door and barging in like an uncivilised barbarian?' He shuffled some papers around. 'I thought I'd tasked you with a mission.'

Jazz gritted his teeth. That nasty son of a gorgon- Calm, calm, calm. 'I said, I demand the immediate release of the girl and her brother.'

Octavius had the gall to look confused. 'Brother and sister? May I know who you are inquiring of? There are plenty of other siblings if you are onto those kind of... what do young people call it these days?' He pretended to tap his chin thoughtfully. 'Right! A threesome!'

Red exploded across Jazz's face and he resisted the urge to punch him in that smug little face of his.

'I mean the Ilit girl and her brother you just captured and locked in Storage.' He tilted his head. 'I knew you were slow, but I did not think it was to this extent.'