Chapter 10: Captive

Hi.

It's Finn. As you all know, El is currently having her exams. She refuses to update no matter how much I pester her.

Just so you know, it's not my fault we aren't updating as much.

The reason I'm forgiving her is because Monday was her birthday. Yes, 23rd April, people. Like Shakespeare's. And also because I sympathise with her- apparently she had a test that day.

Wish her a happy birthday.

Done yet?

Glad that's over.

Here's the rest. (This chapter's kinda filler-ish.)

^*^*^*^

When the dust cleared, there was no sign of Jazz anywhere.

"Oh my god!" shrieked Camillia, clapping her hands to her mouth in horror. She watched, face pale, as the monstrous figure shuddered and swelled, exploding into a million little pieces and splattering monster slime everywhere.

And in the middle of all the mess, stood Jazz, looking like an oddly positioned Statue of liberty wih his sword raised above his head, and a strange metallic sheen to him.

Marc limped forward and pressed his hand to a now frozen Jazz.

"Release."

Jazz glowed faintly and a sheet of liquid metal sloughed off him into a heap of the ground. He stumbled, having been freed from his awkward position, and flexed his arms.

"Ow. Cramps." Jazz frowned disapprovingly at Marc. "Really, Marc? Turning me into metal? Even if you knew there would be cramps afterwards? Not cool, man, not cool."

"Either that or you die." Marc scowled at him.

"Hmph."

Camillia took in this exchange with a gaping mouth, disbelief knotting in her stomach. Question pounded a dizzy tempo in her head.

What was that? What's going on? Was that magic? Why isn't he dead?

Most importantly- Where is Hank?

Camillia? She looked down at Julian, who was still curled into her side. You look pale. Like really pale. He signed. Like, I'm-a-non-sparkling-vampire kind of pale.

"Salty?" Jazz approached them, shaking the slime out off his hair like a wet dog. "Are you okay?"

Camillia opened her mouth to speak, but Julian cut in a furious flurry of gestures. Of course she's not okay! He stood up and shoved jazz, who stumbled back in surprise. Who the hell are you and what are you up to?

"Julian!" Camillia pulled him back. "I'm so sorry, Jazz, I swear he's usually not like this-"

"It's fine." Jazz waved her off, and his tone turned accusatory. "What were you thinking, running out there? I told you to get out of my way, didn't I? So why-"

"Excuse me? Who was it that steered a rampaging giant into us? Hmmm, let me see, oh right, you!"

"Sure as hell wasn't me! Look, I had no more control over the god-damned fey-freak than you did so it-"

"Wulfstan."said a snide voice. "I'd tell you to shut up, but I know that this cur takes no orders."

Jazz practically hissed in contempt. "Octavius."

A man in a long white cloak practically shoved Jazz out of the way to reach her. He had closely-cropped blond hair and a square jaw and squinty eyes. But the oddest thing about him was his height... and, well, his nose.