Chapter 21

C H A P T E R  2 1

THIRD PERSON

The first week of classes had went rather smoothly for Victoria. And before she realized it was already the weekends.

She perched herself beside the large glass window overlooking the waters of the Black Lake, inside the Slytherin common room, hunched on a piece of parchment as she feverishly scribbled down her answers to the homework their Ancient Runes professor had given them.

"How are you taking your classes? I mean, you have Transfiguration and Ancient Runes, and both classes happen to be at the same time. How do you get to them?" Julliene inquired.

"I take my Ancient Runes the same time fifth year does, so that I still get to have Transfiguration with you." Victoria answered without looking up, she would only pause whenever she would push her glasses back or whenever she would scan her Ancient Runes book for reference.

A couple more minutes has passed with only the scratching of quill on paper and turning the leaf of their books, as the two witches continued on with their homework.

The common room was quiet with only five students lingering, Julliene, Victoria, Daphne Greengrass, and a sixth year couple who are noiselessly sucking each others face off.

Just then, the portait room had swung wide open only to reveal the one and only Draco Malfoy, along with Blaise Zabini, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, and Pansy Parkinson.

"Hi, Vi. Hi, Jully." Blaise greeted the two, who grinned in response and continue with their work.

Blaise then succumbed to the soft armchair beside Victoria. While Draco and the others took places on the sofa set by the fireplace.

"How was your summer, Julliene?" Blaise asked, not even hiding his already obvious infatuation to the brunette.

"Fine." The lass said, with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Pansy chuckled.

"Oh, give that mudblood a break, Blaise." Pansy said, scanning her nails, not even caring the weight of the words she just said.

A breaking of a tip of quill was then heard.

"What did you just say?" Victoria growled, a scowl evident on her face.

It's as if the whole common room felt her anger, the flames on the fireplace had burned brighter than ever and the lamps had been diminished, only leaving the fireplace and the sunlight seeping through the window the only source of light in the common room.

"What the fuck have you done, Preston?! We know already that you're a freak, no need to show it!" Pansy said, angrily turning to Victoria who merely glared towards her.

"Tori, stop. Its alright." Julliene told her friend, trying to ease down the anger emitting from her.

"Vi, chill." Blasie said, holding her shoulders, trying to sit her down.

Victoria had stood up and is visibly shaking from anger. Red sparks had flown out of the tip of her pheonix feather-core wand.

"What? Her father IS a muggle-born, and her mother's a witch. Making her half-blood, but that mudblood father of her's had his blood flowing in her veins. Basically, she's a mudblood." Pansy insulted, putting her hands by her hips. A smirk plastered on her face.

"Take back what you just said." Victoria commanded, her right hand-which was holding her wand-twitched.

"What about a no?" Pansy smugly smirked.