Chapter 45

C H A P T E R  4 5

"So, Diggory?" This was the first time Draco had finally said a word about it. Three days has passed when he saw the whole ordeal in the courtyard, of course, he doesn't know the story behind it --he was quick to pack up his things and leave, anyway, so, he didn't see what happened next.

But, he's been pretty distant and Victoria noticed. And, he knows that she noticed. She couldn't say a word about it because she doesn't even know what's happening. Both of them don't like whatever it is that is happening to their relationship, they barely got started and now that they have some elephant in the room they seemed to silently agree to not talk about it --yet.

"What about him?" Victoria asks, her curiosity peeking out. She put the book she was reading down and, gave her full attention to the boy in front of her.

"Does he --" Draco was trying to find words but he shook his head instead, finding it stupid to continue. So, what if they hugged? They are friends, friends hug, right? It was more probably a friendly hug. Draco was just giving himself reasons why he shouldn't voice out his doubts and Victoria could see the trouble storming in his eyes.

She took his hand in hers, entwining them.

"It's alright, Draco. Talk to me, I'm here, remember? We're a team. If we want this to work, we both need to have to relate to each other." The girl encouraged, her eyes gleaming with so much trust and Draco just feels like a total prick. How could he ever doubt this girl who has been with him since day one? How could he ever doubt this amazing person who always knew what he needs before he knows it himself?

He just realised how he needed reassurance and she already did that for him. He reassured him that this was the same girl who made him smile despite his darkest moments, the same girl who gives him what he needs before he could ask for them, the same girl who never gave up on him and, the same girl who trusted him with everything that she has.

And he feels like a proper dick now more than ever.

Knowing full well he will never be able to let the words fall out of his lips, he brought her closer, enclosing her in a tight hug.

"Never you mind. It's just me being silly." He kissed her head but, Victoria was frowning because she knows it isn't just that.

"If you ever feel any doubts, I need you to talk to me, alright, love?" She whispered, hands gripping on his robes and Draco wants to kiss her senseless because she's so precious.

"I will, Vi. But, just know that I trust you with all I have, yeah?" He reassures her, the tiny voice in his head telling him to if he doesn't want her to get tired of him.

"And I, you, precious."

"So, how's he treating you?" The question that broke the silence completely caught her off guard. She looked at Harry who was looking out on the lake. It was one of those rare times the two of them get to talk, just checking out how each other are faring with their lives.

"He's lovely." She sighed, a small smile making it's way to her beautiful face. Harry always found her beautiful.

"I had a crush on you, you know." Victoria turned her head so fast she thought she had a whiplash.

"What?" She had this ridiculous look on her face. She didn't know about that.

"Around first year to second. Third year, I realised that I was liking you more than a friend because you never thought more of me. Never expected too much of me, unlike everyone else. I thought, you felt the same way. I thought, you see me not as the boy who lived but the real me. Which you did but, I was not special. When I started opening my eyes to how you act towards others, it was the same towards me. You're just an amazing person and I was just seeing it the wrong way." Harry laughed, Victoria never thought she'd hear Harry talk like this. It was very mature and very unlike him.

"Then, I was angry at my self. Then, I was angry at you for being so kind and for being you. But, it didn't last that long because, you're a really hard person to hate. So, I opted to look at you like how I look at every other girl I have close relations with. And somehow, it worked. By the end of the school year, you were my best friend and not someone I want to date. Now that I think about it, every time I go back to those times I want to smack my face because it was so obvious." Victoria laughed lightly with Harry.

"It's alright, Harry. You shouldn't smack yourself every time you remember those times, it is quite normal to have crushes. And I understand why you felt differently towards me, I'm sorry if I made you feel that way towards yourself." Harry shook his head.

"No, it's fine. It was my fault for letting myself feel like you thought of me as more than a friend."

"No, Harry. It's quite alright. The entire time you were growing up in an environment where all you felt was how unwanted you were there. You were mistreated and hated in your world and you come to the wizarding community and suddenly, you're loved and the ground you walk on is worshipped. It's understandable you would develop feelings for a person who doesn't look at you with pure hatred and treats you as if you were normal. Your years here at Hogwarts was so eventful and revolved mostly around you. You wanted a break on everything that's been going on and I was the person giving you that."

"Like right now." Harry said, turning to look at his friend.

"Yeah, like right now."

"I miss this, we should hang out some more."

"You just miss me being your stress reliever, you prick." Both of them laughed at that.

"To be fair, you're my second opinion whenever Hermione's logic doesn't make sense to me."

"Aww, and here I thought I was your main bitch."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A little bit of Harry and Vicky moment right there, cause why not.

Chapter sucks I know, I'm so sorryyyyy.

Forgive my poor restless soul.

Video games are eating me alive, help meeeeeeee. I just finished the ace attorney series and I haven't slept in two days.

Hope you all are doing well.

Cause the Larry Stylinson fandom surely isn't. I cry because I don't know what's happening anymore.

June 23rd is almost here and if 1D ain't comin' back, imma swear im gonna do some voodoo shit and make them all wear bra and have it photographed, just like that one embarrassing photo of Harrold McCurly when he was young.

I'm ranting, the freak, i miss their fetus days.

Stay safe.

Stay awesome.

Stay hydrated.

TPWK.

TYWK.

All the love,

MyS_WIB

17.07.2020