Chapter 20

C H A P T E R  2 0

THIRD PERSON

"Y'know, I really do hope these first years would do us some good. I've been dying to kick them asses those pony-loving Gryffindors." Thunder said, as Graham Pritchard made his way towards the Slytherin table, taking a seat beside Theodore Nott.

Finally, when Professor McGonagall had stowed away the Sorting Hat and the stool, the headmaster, Professor Dumbledore, stood up and beamed.

His arms spread open as if he was welcoming the students for a huge group hug.

"I have only two words to say to you," the old man said, his voice bouncing off the castle walls. "Tuck in!"

"Finally!" Thunder moaned as the once empty dishes in the table were filled with different types of cuisines.

The trio helped themselves with whatever they could reach.

"If there's one thing I'm going to miss about Hogwarts, it would be them food." He said after gulping down his mashed potatoes.

"Of course, you pig." Julliene rolled her eyes.

Once everyone was finished with their main course, they were immedieatly taken over by different kinds of desert.

"I'm gonna get so fat." Julliene sighed, as she helped herself with a third plate of chocolate gateau.

Once everyone is finally done with their food, and all plates are finally sparkling clean, Professor Dumbledore had once again gotten on his feet.

The great hall had gotten silent.

"So! Now, that we are all fed and watered, I must once more ask for your attention, while I give out a few notices." Victoria leaned in, attentively, trying to fight off the sleep that's trying to get her.

"Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to incoude Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe, and can be viewed in Mr. Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it." Thunder snickered.

"If." He murmured.

"As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest on the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hosmgsmeade to all below third year."

Jullienbe sighed exasperatedly, her fingers absent-mindedly playing with her hair, signs of boredom prominent on her glassy eyes.

"It is also my painful duty to inform to you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year." Victoria was quite expecting for an outburst for the Quidditch fans, but was shocked to hear none.

She turned her head to Thunder, whose mouth open and closed, seemingly tongue-tied.

Her eyes then drifted to the white-blond haired lad whom she was expecting the outburst would possibly come from, only to be dissapointed seeing that, Draco Malfoy was flashing his smug smirk.

"This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy - but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have a great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts -"

But, before Dumbledore could finish his sentence, a loud rumble of thunder boomed and the doors of the Great Hall was banged open.

There stood a cloaked figure, Victoria leaned in, squinting her eyes through her glasses to help her see clearly who this intruder was.