Chapter 24

C H A P T E R 2 4

THIRD PERSON

Before Victoria even realized it, the black mass was actually, large, winged palomino horses, which were dragging a large carriage the size of a house big.

It started to go down, still at a fast pace, the front row of student had to step back to avoid getting stamped with the large hooves the golden horses have once they landed on the ground.

The carriage then follow suit, it bounced on its large wheels. Then a boy with pale-blue robes came down and fumbled with something underneath the carriage, and soon enough the lad extracted a set of golden steps. He stood up rather gracefully.

Then out from the carriage came a large woman, Victoria wasn't quite scared but she was intimidated by this woman who seemed a bit taller than her friend and Care for Magical Creatures teacher, Hagrid.

The woman was dressed in black satin and Victoria could see the opals that were shining at her neck and fingers.

Victoria was so focused on the new arrival, that she hadn't notice that everyone had clapped in honor of the guest, not until Hermione had elbowed her hard.

The woman's face then relaxed, gave them a gracious smile. She walked towards Dumbledore, extended her shining, shimmering,(a/n: splendid🎤🎶~) hand.

Dumbledore barely bent to kiss it.

"My dear Madame Maxime. Welcome to Hogwarts." He greeted, the woman.

"Dumbly-dorr. I 'ope I find you well?" Madame Maxime said, in a surprisingly deep voice.

"In excellent form, I thank you." Dumbledore replied.

"My students." She gestured towards her back, where boys and girls in their late teens, dressed in pale-blue satin robes. They were shivering which wasn't much of a surprise since the material of their robes are known to be quite thin.

Some of them had put on scarves and shawls on themselves to warm them up a bit.

"'As Karkaroff arrived yet?" She asked.

"He should be here any moment. Would you like to wait here and greet him or would you prefer to step inside and warm up a trifle." Dumbledore said, seeing the situation of the new arrival who were clearly not used to such whether.

"Warm up, I think." She said, "but ze 'orses-"

Victoria had cut her off already as she excused herself from Hermione and the others, she slipped her way through the student body and went towards Thunder.

"How d'you reckon Durmstrang'll arrive?" Victoria asked, standing beside him, taking note of the absence of Julliene she turned her head only to find Julliene whispering something to Daphne Greengrass.

Victoria shrugged the curiosity off.

"Dunno, Millard never mentioned anything about their means of transportation." Thunder shrugged.

Julliene slipped right beside Thunder after her whispered conversation with Daphne Greengrass.

"Do you hear what I hear?" Victoria said, after a few silent minutes where the sound of hooves stamping and the snorting of the horses.

"Yeah," Thunder and Julliene replied in sync, the girls standing on the tip of their toes in order to see where that eerie vacuum sound came from.

"There! At the lake!" Lee Jordan yelled pointing towards something probably appearing by the water.

Victoria stood on her toes as her 5 feet and 4 inches wasn't enough for the 5"11 student in front of her.

As she kept on trying to see what Lee was pointing, she could feel someone's stare at the back of her head.