Chapter 8

C H A P T E R 8

And with those words in mind Victoria went to sit on the vacant chair opposite the dumb blond (her words, not mine).

Draco smirked and Victoria wonders if it hurts having your face keep such feature for a long time. She wants to wipe it off his face for the sake of his poor face muscles. Really, just for his face muscles. Not because he looks handsome without it. Nope, not at all.

She decides a quick four moves would do the trick. Draco won't see it coming.

And four moves later the game was finished.

"What." The slow rise of redness on Draco's face almost made Victoria laugh because why not?

"Checkmate." She thought it'd be best if she don't stoop down his level but, she also don't want to waste anymore brain cells for the blond.

Once the last of the guests finally left, Victoria was quick to make a mad dash to her room.

She just wants to get in her comfy pajamas and bask in the warmth of her covers.

And that she did, after climbing numerous staircases, she got off the party clothes and did her nightly rituals before getting changed into her pajamas; succumbing to the warm comfort of her bed.

The searing pain on her head was what woke her up the next day. It has been recurring for days now and this time it's being accompanied by a blurry vision. Victoria always had the blurry vision for quite sometime now, this time it's just worse because she can't even see anything clearly within a meter from her.

Panic was all she could feel because what the hell was happening to her? Is she going to be blind? She can't be blind! She was just about to go to Hogwarts!

With shaky hands, she shoved the comforter away from her body and with arms outstretched she tried to maneuver her way in the room.

She's very grateful she keeps her room neat and tidy because she knows which is which and where are things placed.

She didn't dare try calling anyone because it would be useless, the house is too big and she's still inside her room.

With full alert and carefulness, she made it out and reached out for the bannister that leads to the staircases.

Now that, is an obstacle that she needs to tackle with much more carefulness.

Just as she was about to take her third step, she slipped on the cold wooden step and lost her balance.

You won't believe how fast her heart was beating when she was about to go down the stairs and now that she's tumbling down the stairs it just basically stopped.

Before her body could even reach the last of the stairs, darkness had taken her.

Julian got out of his bedroom, about to go downstairs for breakfast. But something told him to go across the hallway and check on Victoria, he doesn't understand whys but he did so anyway.

When he made it to her bedroom, he knocked twice before letting himself in. But she wasn't inside, she must be in her closet or the bathroom, he thought to himself.

The feeling of unease settled in his bones and he's confused. It was as if his subconscious was telling him something wasn't right. He scanned the room with his gaze, he noticed the unmade bed which is weird because his sister always makes her bed.

He went inside and tried knocking on the bathroom but there was no noise inside. He peeked inside and true to his belief no one was inside. Maybe, she's downstairs already and I'm just worrying myself for nothing, he thought.

So, he got out of Victoria's room and was about to head down the stairs when he noticed something or rather someone at the end of it.

His eyes widened realising it was his younger sister and almost ran down the flight of stairs in a hurry.

"Vick? Vicky?" He tried shaking her awake but the girl wouldn't budge. So, he called out for his parents. Hoping one of them would hear him.

"Ma! Pa! Help!" He yelled, trying to look for any sign of blood in her clothes but there was none.

"ANYONE PLEASE, HELP!" He called out with the top of his lungs and finally a few minutes later the loud pitter-patter of slipper was all he could hear.

He was able to locate a heartbeat in his little sister's pulse but he dare not leave her alone. He thought if maybe he were only there earlier, this wouldn't have happened.

"Julian?!" For the first time in his life, the sound of his mother's voice calling his name in such loudness made him so glad.

"Here!" He waved her down. Still clad in her sleeping wear, a robe perched haphazardly on her shoulders, Margarett walked briskly to where her son was seated on the floor by the middle of the two staircases; not noticing her daughter sprawled on his lap.

She made haste climbing the stairs when her eyes finally made contact with Victoria's form. Her eyes widened in shock and it was the first time Julian saw her face sport an emotion.

"What happened?" She asked, shock still plastered on her face as she got closer to the two of them.

"I don't know, I just saw her. I think she fell." Her son rambled which made her breath hitch because her daughter fell from the stairs?!

Another set of hurried footsteps got closer to where they were, revealing the father who looked as shocked and apalled as the mother was.

"We need to go." And with that, both adults grabbed a child of their own to apparate to St. Mungos.