"Oh come on, Y/N. We should try and be nice to each other, since we don't know how much time I'll be staying here."

Silently nodding her head, Y/N swallowed the last piece of her toast. Not saying a word, she pivoted on her feet, but his voice interrupted her,

"Maybe you could make an effort."

Y/N stopped in the middle of the kitchen. Was he serious now ?

Eyes widening, she turned back to him. Keep calm,  Y/N.

"An effort ?" she repeated, "We're not roommate, Hiddleston. Yesterday I still thought you were in England." she suddenly retorted.

Screwing up his eyes, Tom released a deep sigh,

"I didn't want to sound mean. I'm sorry, alright ? I'm just saying it'd be much better if we didn't feel embarrassed at everything." His words lightened the mood for a split second and she was about to leave when he spoke again. Tom bit down onto his lip, betraying the feigned indifference in his eyes as he went back to whatever he was typing, "You were mumbling sweeter things when I carried you to bed last night."

Y/N's jaw dropped and she flushed. It was too much, way too much.

Who did he think he was now ?

She burnt to say it and kick him out of her house, but the words didn't leave her lips and she almost ran to the bathroom.

How could he ? How dared he ?

Throwing her pajamas to the laundry basket, Y/N turned on the hot water. As she felt it rain down on her, the young woman tried to relax. It flooded her with heat, but she already felt too hot for a warm shower. Skin turning red, Y/N leaned against the cold, wet wall, inhaling deeply. Blood still boiling with various emotions, she tried to figure out how she was going to handle this. Closing her eyes, she focused on Tom, on the idea of him, his blue eyes with a hint of green, his attitude and the way he talked. How it set fire... to her core.

Y/N's eyes darted open. Oh, no. Not now.

She quickly washed her skin and stepped out of the shower, wrapping herself in a thick towel. Brushing her hair, she looked for clean clothes and her heart skipped a beat. Obviously, she'd forgotten them in her room.

Y/N pressed her ear against the door. Not a sound. Tom was probably still working. The young woman moved back, making sure her towel wouldn't fall when she'd walk out. Opening the door, she swiftly made her way through the corridor, until she bumped into a strong chest.

Fuck, fuck fuck !

Flushing red, she didn't even look up at him. However, Tom placed both his hands against her shoulders, and the fire burnt again, hotter, terrible. The simple touch of his fingers on her skin was pure torture. Staring blankly into space, Y/N took a deep breath before finally laying eyes on him.

" Y/N, don't you think you are... overreacting ?"

"Me, overreacting ?" she promptly repeated, "Probably."

He stood still, holding her by the shoulders for a moment. His body so close and his eyes so cold as they searched hers. Tom seemed to read her mind and she felt the urge to fill his silence with words,

"What ?" Y/N asked impatiently.

Tom didn't say anything and she gulped,

"It's okay, I'm not mad." she assured him, her cheeks turning crimson red as she tried to escape the pair of strong hands.

Releasing his grip on her, Tom slightly moved back and she could have sworn he was wearing a proud smile. As his arms fell back to his sides, Y/N came back to reality and grabbed Tom's wrist, taking a look at his watch. She was late for work, again.

"Damn it ! I really have to go." she trotted towards her room, her towel sliding along her body until it fell to the floor.

She quickly grabbed a pair of black panties in a drawer and heard Tom who still stood in the corridor.

Not dressed yet, the young woman came back in the corridor, putting on her tight jeans,

"Could you feed the cat ?"

Y/N seemed to forget her lack of clothes until Tom took sight of her. She was standing here with only a bra and a pair of panties on, her jeans half on her thighs. They stared at each other for a moment and she tried hard not to stare at the growing bulge in his pants. Blinking as to chase his own lust away, Tom looked down, clearing his throat,

"Well, yes. Yes, I will." 

Y/N blushed, and quickly got dressed.

If you thought being a script girl was a chill job, well you were mistaking. Y/N's daily life was absolutely insane. Waking up, going on set. Taking care of everything. Welcoming the actors. Spoiling them, cuddling them, stroking their ego as much as possible, until they delivered the perfect performance. Everything was complex and calculated.

Hollywood wasn't a world, it was Hell. In every way. However, she had somehow managed to fulfill her dreams and was slowly becoming what she'd always wanted to be: a small version of Lucifer in this big, cold world.

Once she arrived on set, the first thing she did was checking the scenario and reviewing the schedules. That was when a name on the paper caught her eyes.

Tom Hiddleston.

"Tom Hiddleston ?" she repeated, completely dumbfounded, "What... Is this new ?"

Her assistant just shrugged, powerless.

Oh, this was going to be hard.