Nadene is heavily reliant on hand-to-hand combat, Lily thinks, but she can't do much against Audre's hair unless she Mimics it to get closer. Though Lily is eager to assess her classmates' abilities, she turns away from the fight in order to congratulate Hal as he approaches her and Anita.

"Whoo-hoo!" Anita cheers, fist-pumping the air. Lily and Hal laugh as they watch the girl dance in circles before embracing Hal. "Wow, Hal! You've gotten a lot stronger over the summer!"

"Yeah, we didn't get to see much of each other's training when we weren't at U.A. I'm impressed!" Lily leans forward to hug her friend, flashing him a grin. All Might's booming voice cuts across their mini-celebration, and Lily glances to the field to see Nadene and Audre walking side-by-side back to the stands. All Might stands in the middle of the field, fists on his hips as he gazes at the students.

"Congratulations to the winners of the mock battles! Please remain seated while Mr. Aizawa explains what will happen next!" Said teacher steps forward, and Lily and her classmates quiet down. She stiffles a laugh at his reluctant expression– as if he wishes to be wrapped in a sleeping bag at home than outside in the sun all day. Lily knows he cares for his students and colleagues, contrary to his displayed attitude.

"The trials," Aizawa begins, "will be held over the course of one week. You all ready know the victors of the preliminary mock battles. Tomorrow, the remaining nine students will be facing each other in pre-selected groups of three, on an randomly simulated field." Aizawa's gaze roams over the students before he continues, "The final three students, having eliminated the other two groups, will face off against each other in a race." As their teacher stops speaking, Lily knows that she and her classmates are kept in the dark about the final event, so the students remain ignorant of the final obstacle on their way of becoming the number one ranked aspiring hero in the class.

"How does my power work?"  After the completion of the mock battles, the students are free to mill about for the rest of the day.  Many talk amongst themselves in small groups, though a few outliers flit between them.  Across the field, Lily spots All Might and Aizawa discussing something amongst themselves.  The girl gazes at the Pro Heroes before turning her attention back to the conversation going on around her.  Surrounding her are Hal, Anita, Keith, Madeline, Bayland, Nadene, and Ethan.  Curiosity seems to have gotten the better of Hal, as he voices the question that has been tickling the back of Lily's mind ever since the battle between Madeline and Gabriella.

"Well, it's like–" Madeline pauses, her arms poised in the air in front of her as she struggles to find the words she is looking for, "it's like a dolphin's sonar genetic trait. When I whistle, the sound bounces of objects and people and sends signals back to me. But with my training over the summer, it's more... high-frequency now. The signals I receive come a lot faster than before, and that's only within a few feet of me. With Gabriella's attack, the particles in the air– changed." Madeline's face contorts, as if she is dissatisfied with her choice of wording. "I don't know, it's hard to describe. With the changing of the air particles, I was able to trace the path of her attacks."

"That's so cool!" Anita shouts, startling Madeline. The blonde blushes as Anita continues to talk at a mile a minute, waving her arms erratically.

"It almost looked like you were predicting the path of her attacks." Hal voices, cutting Anita off. The blunette huffs, crossing her arms as a pout crosses her features. Madeline sets a gentle hand on her shoulder, smiling slightly.