The End

The voices continued to echo throughout the woods that surrounded the old gravel road.
  They grew louder the further he got from the old park. He covered his ears, the sound was almost deafening.
  He was relieved to see headlights coming down the road. Adriana must have finally made it. Relief flooded through him as he pulled his hands away from his head.
  Everything around him had fallen completely quiet. There was no more laughing, no animals, no noise at all besides his own breathing.
  Watching Adriana's car coming towards him was like watching a movie with the tv on mute. Her tires made no sound as they rolled across the gravel. The normal purr of the engine was non-existent.
  A feeling of foreboding washed over him. He wondered if this was another one of the girl's tricks.
  He couldn't see into the car because the headlights were blinding him. As it inched closer, he fought back the urge to run away. He had to know if this was Adriana.
  It seemed like an eternity before the car pulled up beside him. He was relieved to see Adriana sitting behind the wheel. He pulled open the passenger side door and jumped in, before quickly closing it and pressing the lock button.
  "What's up Ryan? You look like you've seen a ghost," the girl laughed as she made a u-turn in the middle of the road, barely missing the ditches on both sides.
  "What took you so long to get here? There was some crazy chick at the park. She attacked me."
  "No way?!? What did you do to piss her off?" she asked while stopping the car and glancing behind her in the rear view mirror.
  "I don't know. She was insane. Hey, what are you doing?" he asked, noticing that they had stopped.
  "I want to see the girl that scared you so bad. Maybe shake her hand," she laughed before doing another u-turn and headed back towards the old park.
  "Come on Adriana, this isn't funny. Let's get out of here. I don't want to see her again."
  Adriana laughed so hard she snorted. "What's wrong lover, scared of a big, bad girl?" she taunted him.
  His blood turned to ice as she spoke. He could have sworn he'd heard the laughter from earlier as Adriana continued to giggle.
  "Shhh, did you hear that? I swear I heard her laugh. I want to go home. I can't stand to see her face again."
  "Surely she couldn't have been that ugly? What's the big deal?" she asked as they pulled up in front of the old gate.
  "This is going to sound crazy, but her face disappeared. She waved her hands over her face and everything was gone. No nose, mouth, eyes, nothing."
  Adriana stopped and looked at him, all hints of amusement gone from her face.
  "Oh shit, you wasn't playing around. Watch out Ryan, she's behind you."
  He spun in time to see the faceless girl step up to his window. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw movement all around them.
  From the woods emerged more of the faceless girls. They all looked exactly the same. The same dark hair and sickly-gray skin.
  Panic built as the taunting laughs started again. The tortured screams louder than before.
  "Shit Adriana, let's go. They're everywhere."
  The only reply was more laughter. Only a new voice had joined the group, and the voice was coming from the driver's seat.
  "Looks like we're going to have some fun after all, lover."
  That was the last words he heard before the gnarled gray hands wound around his chest from behind.

*Please like or comment <3*