Chapter 1

Lily's POV

I grabbed my soccer ball from the garage and walked across the street to the park. Usually, I'd be hanging out with my best friend, Diana, but she was in Florida for the summer, while I was stuck in North Carolina. North Carolina wasn't that bad but my best friend wasn't with me for the whole summer. I walked over to the soccer field that was on the other side of the park and started dribbling the ball, then kicking it into the goal. I made 90% of the balls I kicked into the goal. I took a break for a moment, just sitting in the grass, when a familiar looking boy approached me, I knew he was cute, but I didn't know he was much cuter in person.

"Hey, I'm Nash." He finally came up to me.

"Lily"

"It suits you." Nash smiled

"I'm sorry, what suits me?"

"Pretty name, for a pretty girl." He smirked.

"You're such a flirt!" I giggled.

"So I've been told." He shrugged, sitting down beside me.

"You live here?" I asked.

"Just across the street." He smiled.

"I do too!" I laugh.

"That's amazing." He smiled. I nodded.

"Let's get to know each other." Nash
smiled.

"Favorite color?" I asked

"Blue." Nash shrugged.

"Mine too!" I giggled.

"Favorite song?" He asked

"Fancy." I smirked.

"I like that song, but it's not my favorite. My favorite would have to be....well, I'm not sure" He replied

"Favorite sport?" I asked.

"Penny boarding, if that counts." He answered

"Soccer all the way, I literally breathe soccer." I said.

"That's funny, I breathe air." Nash cocked his head playfully.

"You know what I meant?" I slapped his arm.

"Maybe I did, but maybe I didn't. What's your favorite movie?" Nash laughed.

"White Chicks." I responded

"Ugh, everyone talks about that movie and I'm dying to see it!" Nash laughed.

"You should its really funny." I smile.

"Maybe I will." Nash said as he picked at the grass. I looked at my phone, it was 6 o'clock and I needed to get home for dinner, I stood up.

"Is everything alright?" Nash asked as he stood up and handed me the soccer ball.

"Yeah, I've just got to go home for dinner." I tell him.

"Oh." He sighs

"I'll see you later I guess?" I question.

"Alright, bye!" Nash smiled.

"Bye." I turn around and start walking but then I heard Nash calling my name, so I stopped.

"Lily, uhm, I never got your number. He handed me his phone so I entered my contact 'Lily Moore.' I typed in my number and left, on the way home, I couldn't help but smile. Maybe this summer wouldn't be that bad.