Tobio's true nature

Start from the beginning

Tobio's sword stopped millimetres from your face. A drop of sweat rolled down the side of your head as you breathed out. Tobio's hands shook as a struggled look appeared on his face. What was he doing? You watched him in confusion as he backed himself away from you, his face turning red from the struggle alone.

"N-No...! I...won't let you....take her....!" He gritted out, shocking you. You carefully move to your feet and you back away from him as he drops the sword.

"Tobio, is that you?" You asked with a hopeful tone. Tobio forced out an apologetic smile and his eyes welled up with tears.

"Y-You need to run, I can't...hold him back!" He then began to cry and he cried out to you. "Please, don't let me kill you!" Just as these words left his mouth, the pendant lifted off his chest and he clenched his eyes shut almost painfully. He let out a loud scream as wisps of light surrounded his body. You pressed yourself against the wall and you cowered in fear. You wanted to help him so badly, but you couldn't!

Tobio's hair turned a shade of white and he soon relaxed his body. His lips twisted into a victorious grin and he bursted out with laughter.

"I finally have full control! That stupid curse won't wear me down any longer!" He exclaimed. You swallowed hard, too afraid to ask what kind of curse had fallen upon him. Tobio then calmed himself, and he looked up at you. "If you ever hope of beating me, you need your old memories back. I'd gladly give them back to you, but can you survive while fighting both me and yourself?"

You swallowed hard and you narrowed your eyes at him. You had to think, it was impossible to beat Tobio, a fully realised guardian. So you had to think smart. 'Get back my memories? There's no way that I can-' you stopped yourself short as a voice cried out to you. You whipped your head in all directions. 'Wait, I recognise this voice...' you looked down at the pendant on your chest and you held your breath as its glow intensified.

"Stop...Tobio!" Your eyes widened and you clenched it tightly. This voice, it was the same one that spoke out to you when you woke Tobio. Now that it spoke to you more clearly, this voice sounded much like your own. "RUN!"

You looked up and gasped as Tobio jumped at you with his sword raised high into the air. Two orbs of light hung behind him, and you instantly recognised those weapons of his. You turned on your heel and you raced towards the door as Tobio caught himself on the wall. He whipped his head towards you just as you left the room.

"I can't let you leave alive, I need you gone NOW!" His voice boomed behind you. Your breathing was heavy and your mind had gone to static. You couldn't see what was ahead of you, and it began to hurt. You cradled your head in your hands and you began to whimper.

"Someone, please help me!" You cried out. Why was there nobody here? Why did you feel so alone? Behind you, you could hear Tobio's footsteps following after you. You began to panic as his footsteps steadily began to catch up to you.

"You can't get away!" He shouted to you. 'I can't let her reach Astro. He will most definitely be on her side, unlike last time.' Just the thought of Astro's prowess in strength, terrified him. He pushed his fear to the back of his mind and he saw you turn a corner, making him frown.

You ripped open the nearest door and you slammed it behind you. Your chest heaved up and down and you looked across the room for a place to hide. This was probably one of the worst decisions you could have made, but you needed to lose him. 'I don't even know where I am. Why is this castle so big?' You bit down on your lip and you spied a chest in the corner of the room.

Tobio kicked the door open and he marched into the room with his sword ready. The room itself was only a storage room, so there were plenty of places you could have chosen to hide in. He started to pull back old boxes and he searched through the small spaces in between large objects. The room itself was dusty and he hated it.