Chapter 6

Yasmin's POV;

It was currently 5pm on Wednesday night and I was shitting myself.

Tonight, I was meeting Brad's family. I looked at myself in my mirror.

I had decided on ripped denim jeans, a plain black t-shirt, a white jacket and my white converse. Simple.

I went downstairs and waited for Brad.

"Hey Yas, you going out?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah, I'm meeting Brads family, don't worry about dinner." I smiled.

"Wow! Have fun honey, I'll tell dad for you." She smiles back.

"Thanks Sarah." I said and walked out the door since Brad had arrived. I got in the car and shut the door.

"Hey, you look really nice." Brad grinned.

"Thanks, I'm so nervous Brad." I said, looking down.

"Don't be Yas, honestly, they like you already." He started the car and drove to his house.

"Before we go in I'll give you a heads up to make this easier for you" He started, "Mum likes to talk about anything, my Sister Nat, likes music, makeup, normal girl stuff and my dad likes sports." He says smiling.

"Right okay, seems simple." I smiled.

"Oh, I have a dog called Jesse too!" He grinned.

Brad unlocked the front door and I was met with a very large house.

To the left of me was the living room which joined into the dining room and the kitchen was right in front.

"Hello! You must be Yasmin, lovely too meet you, I'm Anne-Marie but you can call me Anne." Brads mum smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

"Hello it's so nice to meet you!" I say grinning.
Anne wonders off into the kitchen to finish cooking.

"My dad and sister are still at work." Brad says and I nod.

Myself and Brad walked into the kitchen and I was met with the most gorgeous golden retriever ever!

"This is Jesse." He grins, "Hey Jesse bear!" He smiles and strokes her.

I go over and stroke Jesse, she cuddles up to me and I carry on stroking her.

"She really likes you Yasmin." Anne smiles whilst chopping some carrots.

I smile and look over to Brad who is admiring myself and Jesse.

The front door then unlocked and in walked in Brads Dad and sister.

"Hello Yasmin! I'm Brads sister Natalie, it's so nice to meet you." Natalie speaks also bringing me in for a hug.

"It's so nice to meet you too." I smile.

"Hello, I'm Derek, Brads Dad." Derek waves from across the room.

"Hello, I'm Yasmin." I smile, waving.

"Me and Yas are going upstairs, call us down when dinner is ready." Brad says taking my hand and leading me upstairs.

Brads room is massive.

He has a few posters on his wall and a guitar in the corner. I sat down on his bed. It was so comfy.

"What did you think?" Brad asks.

"They are so lovely! I don't know why I was so nervous." I laughed. We talked a bit more and I admired his room.

"BRAD! DINNER!" His mum shouts upstairs. Brad takes my hand and we go downstairs to have dinner.

"So, Yas, do you have any siblings?" Natalie asks.

"Yeah I have a brother who is a year older and twins on the way." I smile.

"Wow, twins, how will you cope?" Anne laughs.

"To be honest Anne, I really don't know." I laugh back.

"How is you Dad going to cope? Two old ones and two young ones!" Derek asks.

"Dad loves it, if he could he would have a thousand kids, it's scary." I smile.

"Why?" Brad asks, "Scared you're getting old and all of these small children make you look older?" He laughs.

"Bradley! Don't be horrible." Anne scolds and Brad smirks.

"Uh, no actually. Anyways, you're older than me."

"And wiser."

"I'm better looking."

"you wish."

"Don't need no wishes."

"Yeah you do, go wish for a better face."

"Oh Brad, I wish I could slap you right now." I mumble.

"Go for it!" Derek and Natalie say.

"Aha, don't give me false hope like that." I laugh.

"I'm not. Please do, it will knock some sense into him." Derek replies.

"Oh you are funny Dad." Brad says.

"I'm hilarious actually."

"Yeah, whatever." Brad says and pokes his tongue out only for Derek to return it.

"You two are children, I swear." Natalie laughs and Anne agrees. I sit here taking it all in at how funny this family is.

Brad puts his hand on my thigh and squeezes it. I look up and smile and he returns it.

Once dinner has finished I decide I better head home and Brad offers to take me home.

"Thank you for having me, it was lovely meeting you all!" I wave from the door.

"Bye honey, come round again soon." Anne says and Natalie agrees.

"Of course I will, bye." I say and shut the door, making my way to Brad's car.

"They loved you Yas." Brad said.

"They were so lovely." I smile.

"I never thought I would say this but I had a really nice time." I smile and he agrees.

We pull up to my house and I lean up to Brad and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Brad, speak to you soon." I smile and go inside.

Yasmin-
Just got back from Brads, I loved it x
Milly-
Glad to hear, so happy you're happy x

It's very hard to believe but the boy I used to hate, has made me the happiest I've been in a while.