Taming The Monster Within

A deafening roar seemed to echo around the already tense air as a most familiar shape was seen being flung across the ground as they suddenly skitted to a stop. They were breathless as they gradually rose into a kneeling position as they then slowly got to their feet. They then picked up their once more more as they got into an attack stance with their feet spread. However,  before they could launch a single attack, a pink and white blur seemed to fly past them at an unmatched speed.

He had been traveling with her a bit reluctantly as he had finally decided to give her a chance to prove herself. Unfortunately however, they both had been ambushed by a bear like demon monster as he sighed impatiently to himself." We don't have time for this! Azure take care of it." He seemed to just lounge back and relax as he was going to let her fight it alone. Once the fight had commenced however, it seemed to be completely one-sided as Azure was having trouble landing a hit. He sighed in scorn as he flew at the beast, and with his centuries of training,  he seemed to take care of it in no time flat.

Azure had watched in complete amazement as he seemed to tear through the beast like a knife through butter. She slowly turned to the warrior with the upmost gratitude and respect as they replied," You saved me...I am now in your debt. Now and forever. " She didn't have to wait long for his response however, as she noticed his eyes narrow with a familiar emotion.

"You Idiot! You do nothing but slow us down! You are a burden! Well,I will put a stop to that!" His eyes gleamed a bright pink as the minute his alabaster angelic wings came out, he flew at her with his lance clutched tightly in his grasp.

She had absolutely no time at all to retaliate as she was hit by the force of the warrior.  She raised her scythe above her head in a attempt for defense but the lance clanged against her blade with such force that she was thrown back a few feet. She slowly raised her eyes as she was trying to calculate his next move." Enough Gala! We are on the same side! You have no reason to fight me!"

The knight felt himself growling from deep within his chest as his eyes narrowed with rage." You have no right to use that nickname! None at all! An I have more than enough reasons to fight you!" He flew at her again as a red haze began obstructing his vision. He brought his lance down once again at her as her gasp had confirmed it;he had hit home. He began to jab forward with a pace that the naked eye couldn't keep up with.

She felt her weapon fly out of her hands as she raised her arms in a last attempt to try and stop him. She almost faltered however when she caught sight of the pure rage burning from within his eyes. She quickly unseathed her second weapon, a knights sword. She lunged forward with it as their weapons met once again. Even though she was gravely injured, she still fought valiantly.

Galactic skitted back a few feet as he chuckled in spite of himself," Hmp! Not half bad, however are you ready for this?" He raised his lance as it began to glow a vibrant color. He then leapt high into the air as his wings spread wide." Lance beam!" He then slashed downwards as the energy in his lance was expelled from within his weapon in a powerful arch.

Azure wasn't expecting this as she barely had time to roll out of the way as the energy caught her in the side. She was trembling as if all her injuries had finally caught up with her. She felt her vision clouding over as she struggled to stand and not show any weakness. In was all in vain however as she finally crashed to her knees,  fighting to stay conscious as her weapon clanked to her side.

Galactic was standing as still as a stone as his vision finally cleared. He slowly turned to look at her as his eyes clouded over in terror as he realized what exactly he had just done. He had hurt and almost killed the one who had accepted him for him. The one who had...truly loved him.

She weakly looks up in wonder as to why he had stopped. He was about ready to finish her off but had stopped abruptly. She looked into his eyes and was completely caught off guard at the emotion that was seen glistening there. "Gal-Galatica..."Her voice was hoarse and weak.

The minute he heard her voice he quickly goes to her and pulls her into a sitting position as he fell to his knees in front of her. "Az-Azure...oh,what have I done? I should have never...." He was actually trembling as he raised a gloved hand as he gently laid it on her cheek. "I can't blame you if you hate me now...I just lost control an I..." It had brought back memories of when he had slaughtered his father as the tears were welling in his eyes.

Azure was beyond shocked in his sudden change of temperament but she leaned into his touch, despite being weak beyond measure. She closed her eyes softly as she felt tears welling to the surface as she forced a smile. Even though she had been attacked and almost killed by him,she still found it within herself to forgive him for his error. "I...I fo-forgive you," She had murmured softly.

He let his wings enfold her in a gentle embrace as he cradled her. His eyes turned a pale pink shade as his mouth curled upwards into a smile as he quickly sheathed his weapon. He felt a calmness consume him as he felt at peace, he caressed her cheek, his inner monster seemingly tame for the moment. "Th-thank you Azure...you have shown me that even someone such as myself deserves and can be loved...thank you..." His wings were still holding her but he brought her against him,almost like a protective caccon as without a thought,  he leaned his head against hers, his eyes closed in contentment. He then realized without a shadow of a doubt that he had in fact earned himself a new title;without even knowing it. He would now be known as the 'Angelic Protector' for as long as he shall live.