Caging The Beast Within

His magenta eyes very slowly started to flutter open. They then shot open in shock as he finally regained himself as he tried to take in his itement surroundings. Pink. That's all he could see in front of him and to the sides. He tried turning himself, however he soon realized that was partly impossible due in part to his current position. He gingerly reached out with his right clothed hand an almost recoiled in absolute horror as it made contact with the surface. He may not have been able to feel it through his gloved hand but he could tell by the looks and consistency that it was infact something that he never thought possible.

'Crystal?! How in Nova's name is this even possible? Wait...is this...No...No...No!' His thoughts seemed to scream at him as it dawned on him excatly what happened and where he was. His thoughts travelled back to a time where the universe was young and seeming to just come into existence from seemingly nothing. He remembered with nostalgia how he had in fact earned his title of strongest warrior of the galaxy.
~Begin flahback.~
Fire,that's all there seemed to be around him as he clutched his most faithful weapon in his fists as his curious optics took it all in. The orange an yellow flames seemed to devour and consume everything that they touched;almost like something that fed off the destruction and pain of others. Suddenly and without warning,the most deafening sound assaulted his ears without mercy as he quickly covered them with his hands,dropping his weapon in the process. The screams, oh those heartwrenching screams. He realized without a shadow of a doubt that he had been the one who caused the screams of agony. It then occurred to him that a most familiar liquid was everywhere. On the ground around his feet,splattered across the decaying and desolate buildings but most of all,covering him and his weapon. He reached down as his thumb gently picked up the liquid. Blood. That was most definitely what was currently dripping off of him and pooling in thick congregated pools. However, one thing seemed to have missed his rampage. It seemed to be standing to its full height which wasn't very tall considering it was no taller than him.

"You...you fool! Do you realize what you have just done?! You have slaughtered us all like cattle! You could have been the greatest but you threw that away,Galactic Knight!" He said the last part with scorn and disgust as if he couldn't believe that this once great knight would stoop as low as to massacre such innocent lives.

Galactic was obviously taken a back as he picked back up his weapon within the blink of an eye. A growl seemed to reverberate from within his chest as his eyes gleamed with anger from beneath his alabaster mask. He had such a death grip on his weapon that his grip was literally trembling. "How dare you?! Threw it away? No,far from it. I have done what you failed to do! You honestly believe that this is needless killing? No,far from it actually! You are the fool,not me! I have been denied my destiny long enough! That ends now! That title belongs to me!" His voice rang out across the clearing as without warning, his arm thrust forward with such force that a familiar cracking and squelching was heard as the familiar crimson liquid sputtered outwards in a stream. He raised his shield in defense as it covered most of it as he slowly lowered it back down again. What he saw then,could almost rival even a horror movie. His victim had been skirwed right through the chest and right out the back. The crimson liquid was steadily flowing down his weapon, his lance. Unfortunately, they were actually still twitching like a fish on the tip of a spear or harpoon.

They seemed to be clinging onto the last bits of life as they weakly turned their gaze to him."Galactic...for-forgive me..." they coughed up blood as they tried to continue. "Me an your mother should have never held you back the way we did...we could never be more proud of you...we-we truly loved you..." He was suddenly caught off guard as more blood came from his mouth, however he continued," We forgive you today and forever. We also accept what we have denied you...you may never forgive me but I want you to know that I could have never had a better son...the title is rightfully yours. Remember how much we loved you our little warrior. I now pronounce you 'The Galaxies Strongest Warrior...' " His voice was almost a whisper as he finally ceased living and went completely limp as his sightless eyes clouded over.

Galactic was actually speechless as he tried to comprehend what his father had said. Loved? Yes his parents were strict and uncaring but as he cradled his father in his arms;the fog within his mind seemed to clear in the moment of clarity. He realized without a doubt that what his father had said was nothing but the truth. He had been truly loved unconditionally and without fail, and he had done the unforgivable;killed his very own biological father who would have given his life for his son if needed. His vision blurred as he wipped it away with a thumb, however,more rose to take its place as he realized in shock that he was in fact crying. He had never cried before but now the tears were cascading down his face in a endless torrent as he burried his masked face into his father's still chest. His lance clanked to his side as his hands clung to his father, as if the touch would bring him back. Time seemed to slow as Galactic still clung to him,tears never ending, as the sun gradually set behind the hill as father and son shared one last embrace.
~End Flashback.~
A stray tear had found its way to his eye as he blinked it away and woke from his depressing memories. 'I'm alone ever since that faithful day...everyone wanted nothing to do with me,for the minute they laid eyes on me,they see me as nothing but the monster without remorse. My father was right...I was a fool. A fool to truly believe that anyone could ever love the beast that I am. I deserve to be alone, I'm a killer. No one could ever love a cold blooded killer.' He thought miserably as more tears fell. A noise seemed to echo around his imprisonment as he raised his eyes. His eyes widened as cracks began to spread from his crystal prison and began to grow in size as they began to flake off in small shards. He shook his head in anger as he quickly regained his composure. 'Enough! I shouldn't be feeling sorry for myself! I am the galaxies greatest warrior and have proven it several times over! I was foolishly imprisoned for my unfathomable an unmatched power! The crystal breaking can only mean one thing',He thought in triumph as strength seemed to surge through him as the last bit of his prison seemed to fall away from around him as his ivory angelic wings sprang to life from behind him. He was being called on to defend his title and he would do so even if it meant his most unfortunate demise. He clutched his faithful lance in his hand and prepared for the most life changing battle of his life.