❃In Spite of All the Danger❃

Liverpool, June 1961. (Y/n) and George are both 18 years of age. The two are still in the "just friends" predicament. Can their hidden feelings for each other be revealed?

George and (Y/n) were friends ever since the beginning of secondary school. On their way out of 13th year, the two decided to take a road trip to take a well-earned break from classwork.

(Y/n) mapped out a plan to drive out of Speke, and into London for an overnight trip. Both of them felt an intense longing to get out of Merseyside, even if just for a night.

The two of them were best friends, but (Y/n) felt an attraction to George. Not in an overtly sexual sort of way, she just loved being around him, and wished that they could be something more. Yet, the hopeless romantic could never let him know just to risk their friendship. They were close, but never in the way (Y/n) hoped they could be. Little did she know, George felt the same way.

Is this too cliché already? I'm not 100% sure on what i'm even doing when typing this up lol

The last day of school was finally there, a perfect time to get everything settled. George packed two small bags, one for clothes, and one for snacks. Setting the bags next to his acoustic Gibson, Geo stepped out of the house to visit (Y/n); the two of them were planning on leaving that evening.

Sorry, I had to mention the snacks it's mandatory I swear...

George walked down the quiet block to (Y/n)'s house, passing the neighborhood beagle, Boomer. The old dog sat on the front yard, glancing up at George's tall, thin stature. The young man smiled at Boomer and went on his way. He was excited to see (Y/n), even though he'd seen her at school just hours before.

George: I hope it doesn't seem like i'm barging in... I wonder if she's as excited as I am to leave this place.

He walked up the few steps to her door, brushed off his shirt a bit, and fussed with his hair. Opening the creaking front door, he saw (Y/n) taking her bags to the front room.

"Hey." Her voice was soft and inviting.

(Y/n): Ugh, why does he have to be so good-looking! It's unfair, really.

I mean, big mood.

"Hey (Y/n)... are you almost ready to get out of here?" he chuckled slightly.

"Yeah, I just need a few minutes. Do you want to get takeaway? I was thinking The Buttie Mine," (Y/n) mused, the prospect of food stuck in her mind.

"Sure...I mean it is only a little bit out of the way," he teased. "Maybe I can spare a bit of extra mileage for you."

"Oh, why thank you kind sir, how can I ever repay you?" (Y/n) sarcastically added.

With a laugh, George picked up her bags and the two walked over to his house, enjoying each other's company.

"...an' then Pete n' I got deported! It took every penny I had to get back," he exclaimed. (Y/n) had never heard the story in such great detail. "Remember the night I showed up at your place in the rain last November?"

(cut to me shamelessly cutting all of these great details from what i'm typing...)

"Yea... Aw Geo, that's 'orrible!" the girl replied, putting two and two together.

(Y/n): Wow, I never thought the two were connected! He must've been so tired from the train ride that he didn't walk the extra block home...

"Well we better make sure we have enough money for the trip back now!" (Y/n) said, making an effort to lighten the conversation.

"Don't worry," he laughed, "I'm positive we will."

George took out his key and opened the front door to his home. The two friends stepped inside and tried to avoid silences in the conversation. The boy set down her bags, straightened out his collar, and fussed with his hair (yet again) in front of the mirror.

"Feelin' self conscious, are we?" she playfully asked.

George: Oops. She got me... Well, it would be easier if she wasn't so distracting!

"Oh no, it's just I'm 'aving the queen o'er for dinner before we leave," Geo replied sharply, yet aware of her small joke. He was trying his best to seem cool in front of her, and although she could see right through it, (Y/n) knew it got to her.

"Right now.... I'll pick up some records that we can listen to on the way there. Should it jus' be me 'an the boys' acetate on a loop? I only 'ave it for a week," he said with a sing-songy tone.

"Ha! No thanks, Geo," she started, "But I will listen to those new Carl Perkins 45s."

"I see you're a woman of taste," George chuckled.

"Of course, that's why we're bringing snacks," (Y/n) responded.

George: Wow, you're always being quick with me, aren't you?

The two brought their things to George's car, and drove off to London. Well, the Buttie Mine, first.

End of Part One

Intermission

Wow, I need to find friends that like weird facts 'cause I have too much Beatles trivia stuck in my head... fUN FACT George owned a car with a built in record player !! This was in 1965 of course but for the sake of this joke I screwed up time.... I know I promised I would try not to, but for fUnNiEs GuYs

 I know I promised I would try not to, but for fUnNiEs GuYs

This is just the coolest thing to me whoops.