A Day at The Palace

Start from the beginning

"The armoury!? Oh please do!" You exclaimed and you followed behind him like a lost puppy. Tobio felt proud as he led you down the hallways. A lot had indeed changed since he woke up, so he spent a lot of his time mapping down the castle.

As you walked down a series of hallways, you started to dislike the palace for that very reason. Almost all of the doors looked the same, so you had no idea how Tobio was able to remember the layout. The closer you got to the armoury, the more guards you met on the way there. Some spared you odd looks while others ignored you altogether.

"And here we are, the armoury!" Tobio exclaimed and he made a grand gesture to a pair of iron doors heavily guarded by two palace guards garbed in silver armour. Tobio looked up at the pair with a patient smile. The pair eyed each other unsurely before they both shrugged and tapped their spears on the ground. You stuck to Tobio's side nervously as the doors creaked open, giving you access into the room.

Inside the room was dark, so you couldn't see much. Tobio looked down at you and he gave you a reassuring smile before tugging you inside by the hand.

"This armoury isn't quite like the other ones in the castle." Tobio began. The moment you stepped inside, the lights switched on, illuminating the room. Your eyes widened as you came across a variety of weapons hanging on the wall, enclosed in glass cases. Upon closer inspection, some of these weapons had white engravings on them. You looked around on wonder and you turned on the spot.

"Holy moly, these weapons... They look so cool!" You exclaimed. Tobio walked up to one of the cases housing a white bow and he gently brushed his fingers over it.

"This is the guardian weaponry. All of these weapons were once wielded by my incarnations." You opened your mouth in awe as you eyed Tobio in surprise.

"Wait, so these weapons used to belong to the white guardians? That's so cool!" You exclaimed and you gazed the ancient weapons, brimming with happiness. Tobio nodded his head and he closed his eyes, as if recalling a memory. He then beckoned you over towards another set of doors, shut away at the back of the room.

"Would you like to see your room?" He asked you, making you go still. Your body stiffened and you looked at the black set of doors with pursed lips. Unlike the other doors, this set was made out of a black metal with patterns engraved onto its surface. 'That's my room? So that would mean...' with a careful nod of your head, you watched Tobio push open the doors leading into the second part of the armoury and the lights flickered on as he stepped inside. You slowly followed him inside, and you inspected the room with a wide eyed gaze.

Unlike Tobio's room, this room was much smaller. Only a few variety of weapons sat in their cases lined along the walls, much of these cases were empty. Four weapons sat in total inside this room. One was a black bow as dark as the night, the second was a sword made out of what you presumed to be was the same material as the door. The third weapon was an overly long katana while the fourth was, oddly enough, a pitch black scythe.

"These weapons date back to over two hundred years ago. Because there was a lack in the onyx guardian appearing before us, we don't have much information on them." Tobio revealed as he stepped towards the sword. You fisted the cloth around your stomach and you bit your lip. Tobio then looked back at you and he smiled encouragingly to you. "Do you feel anything in this room?" You shook your head no, surprising him a little. "Really?" He held his chin contemplatingly as he eyed the sword.

You kept your gaze fixed on the sword also, and a knot had tied itself in your stomach. You didn't know why, but this very blade felt haunting to you. 'That sword shouldn't be up there.' You thought quietly to yourself. You then gasped. Why would you think such a thing?