Elijah started making coffee for both of them, occasionally glancing at the noirette.

"Did-uhm, did Niklaus have a nightmare yesterday?" Elijah asked in concern. He knew that their mother's betrayal affected Niklaus the most.

"Yeah, he did...a memory from a thousand years ago, when Esther took his wolf away. It has been painful for him to live without half of himself and with Esther trying to kill you all; it triggered memories long buried. He was devasted last night. Took me a long while to put him to sleep." Isabelle spoke increasing Elijah's worries for his brother while he handed her the coffee. He feared that Esther might cause his brother to fall apart again-which wouldn't be good for anyone.

"Don't worry he'll get through this, we'll help him." She said as she placed a reassuring hand on his and he looked at her in surprise. She said "we", that moment Elijah Mikaelson knew that he wouldn't be alone in his quest to find his brother's happiness. He returned her smile and nodded.

Both of them enjoyed their coffee in silence, Elijah liking the feel of her hand on his. He moved it slightly so he could grab her fingertips in his. None of them said anything, just basking in the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and enjoying each other's presence. It was a peaceful moment and they liked it.

That was when Kol decided to make an entrance to grab a blood bag, engrossed in his phone which Rebekah taught him how to use. Elijah and Isabelle quickly retracted their hands at the young Mikaelson's entry. Kol looked up at both of them enjoying their coffee, surprised to see Isabelle there but flashed her a toothy grin nonetheless.

"Good morning, Bella!" Kol said as he made a bee line to the refrigerator. Isabelle raised her eyebrows at the nickname Kol gave her, very similar to the one Rebekah did.

"Quite an original nickname, Kol. Not bad at all." Isabelle teased sarcastically, making him pout.

"Everyone has given you nicknames, I wanted to but I couldn't come up with any so I simply modified Rebekah's nickname for you. And, of course, I made it better." Kol said, his cockiness rolling off of his tongue with the last line.

Isabelle snickered and shook her head. Kol Mikaelson was just as she thought he would be, mischievous and good hearted and above all innocent. Kol's reputation in the supernatural world might be that of a psychotic maniac, but he did all that just to get his siblings' attention because the three of them always made him feel left out from their promise of 'Always and Forever'.

It had been not more than 48 hours since she met this family, and she could already understand all of the dynamics. Which was a big thing because not many people held the courage or the compassion to truly understand the Mikaelsons.

"Onto more pressing subjects, what are we to do about mother?" Elijah said, the atmosphere suddenly turning serious as Isabelle went into deep thoughts.

"We let her kill that traitorous son of hers and then we rip her heart out again!" Kol spoke in anger. He was still deeply irritated by the fact that his mother wanted to kill him.

Elijah instantly disagreed and he and Kol got in an argument.

"Enough!" Isabelle's voice made them shut up immediately.

"Finn is your brother, he has been locked up in a coffin for 900 years, and now he is ready to die. All of this because Esther brainwashed him into helping her. We have to think carefully, the real villain is Esther not Finn. Finn's just a pawn for her to get what she wants." Isabelle explained, making them think over her words.