Curiosity

Throughout the week of my daily life working at the music studio, I couldn't get it out of my head of why I failed the test. Many times I tried pushing it to the back of my mind but it always came back. I knew where this path was leading, the claws of inescapable death. Sam knowing this has been home now waiting for me to ask.

Sam: So how are you today? It is Friday after all-

Sage: Why did I fail the test.

I said it with no regrets as he chuckled in victory.

Sam: Finally got to you did it?-

Sage: Just tell me.

Sam: Nothing to do with your physical abilities but with how you feed.

Sage: Human blood I'm guessing.

Sam: Yep.

Sage: Ok I should have asked that I while ago, see ya!

I started walking into my smith room but Sam grabbed my arm.

Sam: So your just gonna throw it all away, just like that?

Sage: Human blood is hard to come by without stealing or killing. So I'd rather not.

He let go as I sat down sharpening the sword I made not too long ago. He sat across from me with pleading eyes.

Sam: It's your real family-

Sage: I don't have one, you of all people would understand that.

Sam: And what is that supposed to mean!

Sage: Obviously since your here, you got kicked out.

Sam: How could you have possibly known that?!

Sage: Context clues, you were never here and now you are.

Sam: Just so you know, you brought this on yourself!

He blew black smoke into my face causing me to cough but I was still able to stand. Feeling any self-control I had start slipping away, I held him high above me demanding.

Sage: What did you just do!

Sam: Now you are a true  vampire!

I dropped him and started backing away, holding my shoulders, and trying to ignore my senses.

Sam: You smell it don't you?-

Sage: Get away from me!

Sam: The blood its fresh, Ooh and it's actually nearby.-

Sage: No, I'm not your slave to be ordered around!

Sam: Maybe not to me but to yourself. Your hungry will now and forever be human blood.

Let's just say all my senses were dialed to 11 and now I know where the food is. Like he said, I was fighting myself whether to kill or be killed. Man, this escalated quickly.