She Escaped?!

Brianna Above

Kelly POV

"Are you sure you can do this alone? You sure you don't want me to come along?" I look at Liam as I put on my heels, "No, I think I can handle this." He shows me a worried smile and I sigh, "Why don't you try to talk to him again? He probably calmed down by now."

I shake my head and a lump grows in my throat, "H-He won't listen to me. I've tried calling him multiple times, but it goes straight to voicemail." He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back, "You can cry, it's too early for you to be strong right now." I let my tears fall and he keeps me in his arms.

"I'm sorry, I need you to come with me." He lets out a low chuckle, "Of course I'll come with you." He takes my hand in his and we head to the car.

"Is it bad? I haven't looked at the news since he threw me out." He clears his throat, "The press is just as confused as you are. Nobody knows why Michael is ending it with you." I put my shades on and sigh.

We make it to the law firm ten minutes later. Everything around me goes quiet as we get closer to the office. We walk in the office and see Michael and a woman talking to each other.

The woman looks my way and shows me a small smile, "Hello, you're just on time." I look at Michael and he shows me a blank expression, "Let's finish this up, me and Brianna have a few other things to do." I look at him, "Can I at least explain myself?"

He crosses his arms, "I don't care for an explanation! You cheated on me and that's the end of it!" I step towards him and he steps back, "I didn't fucking cheat!! I don't even remember anything!! I don't even know who that man is!! Why would I cheat on you?! I love you, I love our kids, and I love our family!! I wouldn't want to do anything to mess that up!!" 

He pulls out a pen and signs the paper, "We have to be separated for a year in order to get a divorce."

Everything shatters, my breathing grows heavy. I sign the paper and glare at him, "I can't believe you're really doing this." He holds his hand out, "I need the ring." My tears final falls after hearing that. I slowly take my ring off and put it on the desk, "I fucking hate you."

Michael POV

I watch as she storms out, "You're really being an asshole. Do you really think Kelly would do something like this?" I put my hands in my pocket as Liam walks out. I look out Brianna and she shows me a smile, "Lets go get us some coffee."

She takes my hand in hers and lead me to her car. "Why are you so quiet?" I look at her and sigh, "The person I loved cheated on me. I'm not going to be smiling over something like this." She shows me a small smile, "I'll be here for you, if you need anything just let me know." I nod my head and she pats my leg. We pull up to a coffee shop and my phone starts ringing, "What the hell is your problem?!"

Ethan yells into the phone, "You're really separating from Kelly?! Did you even let her explain herself?!" I rub my face, "What can she explain? There's a picture and a video of her with some man."

"So that automatically makes you not listen to her?! You're being a dumbass and you're about to lose someone who loved you for you." He hangs up after that, "Who was that? They seemed really upset." I look at Brianna and put my hands in my pocket, "My best friend, he was talking about the divorce."

We sit down by the window and I watch as people walk by, "Where are the kids?" I look from the window, "They're with my best friend right now, I'm going to pick them up once we finish here."

"I want to try their muffins, do you want one?" I slowly shake my head, "Um, no. I'm sorry I have to go. I'm going to go pick up my kids." She arches her eyebrow as I get up, "I can drop you off, you did ride with me to the firm and to here." I shake my head, "I'm fine, it's not a long walk."