Gravity Falls

Mabel's P.O.V

What's there to complain about? I'm living the adventure of my life, riding on a cute pink Lion, with a great friend and two new best friends. As long as Colossus is with us, everything will be okay. She's probably one of the strongest people I know, besides her being kind of a grump.

Star acts a lot like me, but she seems a bit more extreme, and that's okay with me. As long as she's a lovely person, I will like her regardless. Steven seems like a nice guy and kind of a softy. I might add he's like Soos; he's too worried he might hurt others and wants to make everyone happy.

Our last visit to Zoran City didn't go smoothly; monsters act weird in the future, and they're so grabby, especially Colossus's cousin and that Warden. The cut on my face was the prime example. What's weirder is that Cole's cousin stroked my waist and hip. I don't know why, but it felt highly wrong.

Maybe this is why Dipper didn't like talking about Zoran City much. It may be a pretty and punctual paradise for nerds, but it's how Cole says a 'love nest?' Grunkle Stan says teenage boys are perverts, and Colossus says many monsters are perverts who want to eat humans. I'm not sure what it means, but I don't think it means anything good, and I'm not sure I want to know what it means, though I'm not worried.

I'm just happy that we're going back to Gravity Falls, where there are some terrible monsters, but they don't want to touch me or eat me in a bizarre way.

———————————

21st Century

Gravity Falls

I almost lost my balance as Lion leapt through the portal and landed on the streets of Gravity Falls, right where he had saved me from Ghost Eyes. I could tell because my ruined groceries were still strewn across the pavement.

As I dismounted from Lion, I let out a long, satisfying stretch. "It feels amazing to be back," I exclaimed, overcome with happiness at being in my favorite summer destination once again.

"You guys are going to love it here. I can't wait for you to meet my friends, family, and co-workers!" I gushed, brimming with excitement.

"It does seem like a nice place," Steven said. I turned away momentarily, so I didn't catch his expression.

"The scent of pine trees and summer air is a refreshing change from Echo Creek," Star added. "It's so peaceful here."

"Well, it wasn't so peaceful the last time I was here," Colossus interjected, appearing silently beside me with a snarky comment.

I turned to look over at Star and Steven, who were taking off the collars Colossus gave us. "Oh, right, the collar!" I realized, then took mine off as well.

"How come it wasn't so peaceful when you first came here?" Steven asked Colossus, cocking an eyebrow.

"Well, for one thing, the adults here are just too darn stupid and angry, while the teenagers here are a bunch of hormonal jerks," she explained to Steven.

She then flinched, giving off a weird look as if she was thinking about what she had just said. "I meant to say 'dang!'" she said, then smacked her forehead.

"Oh, that's right, I can't curse here," Colossus said, looking slightly disappointed that she couldn't swear.

"Not that you should," I said, pointing a finger at her. I did not want to hear more cursing from her. It was bad enough to hear Ghost Eyes curse this morning. I guess only adults can curse in this world.

"It's not like I could in this world," she remarked, crossing her arms. "Let's just do what we need to and get out of here before I lose it!" she complained.