Comforting Amy

After defeating Lyric everything went back to normal. Eggman went back to his usual evil schemes involving taking over the world, which were constantly foiled by team Sonic. "This isn't over hedgehog! I'll be back!" Eggman yelled from his hovering egg mobile.

"Duh. We'll see ya tomorrow egghead!" Sonic taunted as he destroyed the last of Eggman's robots. Eggman growled as he flew away in defeat, cursing Sonic and his friends under his breath.

As the gang were about to go home, Amy noticed all the scattered robot pieces laying on the ground from their battle. "Wait a minute guys." She said, stopping everyone in their tracks. "Somebody's gotta clean this mess up. It's not fair that the citizens of Bygone Island have to pick up the trash while we heroes are exempt from any work. I mean, part of mess is our fault."

There was a long silent pause followed by the sounds of crickets. It was moments like these that made Amy reconsider joining another team or at least getting some new friends. After an awkward cough from Knuckles, Sonic stood beside Amy and spoke up.

"Amy's right. We gotta take responsibility for our actions and clean up our mess." Said Sonic, making Amy smile at him. "Which is why I vote Knuckles should stay and clean up. Knuckles, get rid of this junk." He said nonchalantly, causing Amy to frown.

"What?! No way dude I've got plans." Knuckles responded angrily. He turned his loving gaze to Sticks who smiled back at him affectionately. "I've got the whole day planned for me and Sticks. Get Tails to do it!" He said as he left with Sticks following closely behind.

"I can't do it!" Tails protested. "I've got to pick up a few things for (S/n) at the market!" The two tailed fox twirled his two namesakes and propelled himself into the air, leaving only two hedgehogs.

"And I've gotta check up on (Y/n)." Sonic said to himself before turning his attention to Amy. "Say Ames, you like helping others right...?"

"Sonic I'm not going to do all this work by my-"

"Great! you're on cleanup duty." He said, cutting her off mid sentence. He bolted off at full speed before Amy had a chance to voice her disapproval. Amy let out a loud frustrating sigh as she got to work on cleaning the field alone.

You woke up with a loud yawn as you stretched out your arms. The first thing you noticed as you got out of bed was your vibrating tablet on the drawer. You swiped the touch screen, revealing that you have 42 missed calls and 22 messages from your dad. "I'll call him back later." You say, setting the tablet back down.

A knock on the door excited you as you already knew who it was. You felt a lot better today so you decided to test your speed. As you ran you noticed that you weren't as fast as you normally are and you were much more clumsier than usual, which resulted in you slamming your face into the door.

You opened the door to see your blue boyfriend holding a brown bag with meh burger's logo on it. After taking one look at you he quickly slapped a hand over his mouth to keep himself from laughing.

"What's so funny?" You demanded with your arms crossed over your chest.

He pointed at you while he continued to laugh. "Have you checked yourself in the mirror?"

You looked at yourself, much to your horror you were still in your pajamas and your hair was a complete mess. You blushed wildly as you quickly slammed the door on the laughing hedgehog. You rushed to the bathroom, brushing your teeth and fixing your appearance as fast as you could without your super speed.

After a couple minutes you finally opened the door. "Okay you can stop laughing now." You tell him with a straight face. "Sorry." Sonic replied, wiping away a fake tear. "You up for a little picnic?" He held up the greasy brown bag, which started leaking oil and grease.

After the picnic you told Sonic that you wanted to see Amy, alone. Sonic was confused as to why you'd be interested in talking to her after what she did to you and your sister, but after telling him that you were gonna punch her he quickly backed off.

"Just remember not to go overboard, I mean you are the strongest girl on the island." He gently rubbed your shoulders and gave you a kiss on your cheek. "Call me later." He dashed off in the opposite direction.

You found Amy picking up robot pieces off the ground, as she was about to reach for the last piece when you stepped on it. "Hey! What are you-" Amy stopped as she looked up at you, with a loud gulp she slowly stood up and sheepishly smiled. "Oh, h-hi (Y/n). How are feeling today?" She asked nervously.

You raised a clenched fist towards her, making her close her eyes in fear. Amy trembled violently, hoping that it would be over soon. You stopped just inches away from her face, seeing her cry like this made you feel sympathy for her. "I can't believe I'm doing this." You grumbled, lowering your fist.

"Look Amy, I'm not gonna hurt you. Even though I really want to. I know it won't change anything, but if it makes you feel any better I'd probably do the same thing too."

This made Amy open her eyes. "(Y/n), I really am sorry. I guess love can bring out the worst in people." She said shamefully. "And here I am trying to force my love onto Sonic, thinking that it would solve everything."

You opened your arms up for a hug, which Amy hesitantly returned. A few minutes passed and she finally relaxed in the hug. "It's okay Amy, I forgive you. Maybe we'll laugh about this one day and be best friends."

She looked up at you with her teary emerald eyes, for the first time it looked as if she was happy. "I'd like that." She smiled.