Closing her eyes, she focused her mind and she opened her eyes and she was submerged. She opened her eyes and she was inside water. Realising she was drowning, she tried to paddle her feet but her clothes and the bag were dragging her down. Just when she thought she had lost all hope, she felt two arms enveloping her and pull her above the surface.

      Rabia grasped in a breath. Her eyes adjusted to the light and she was above the surface of the water.

        "Are you alright?" A cool voice brushed her ear.

      She tried to push him away but found herself drowning again. Damn the clothes, she thought. His arms pulled her and she was broke through the surface again.

       She saw her palms pressed against his torso, she looked up to see a man with piercings eyes and a soul crushing smile.

       "Are you alright?" He asked again.

     She nodded in affirmative dumbfounded. "Now hold me." He demanded.

      "Excuse me?"

"Hold me, so that I can take you to the shore."

      Rabia looked away, blood rushing to her cheeks, she slid her hands to his neck and wound her fingers behind his nape. His arm held her waist tightly and he pulled her close. Wading the water with other hand, he swam to the shore.

   Dilruba heard him laugh

Dilruba heard him laugh. He had his fingers pinching the partition between his eyebrows, his chest rumbled into yet an another laugh. He pulled away and looked at her. Amused. She was confused, it was evident on her face.

     "No, are you trying to arouse me or are you trying to express your naughty fantasies?"  He pushed his face closer towards her.

     There it was. Coffee. Sweat. Wine. A slight hint of roses.His eyes were far interesting, it danced around in the lamplight, and when his he laughed, she saw all his scars disappear.Dilruba's heart stopped and then it started with deep hammering beats.

     "I'm not trying to entice you." She muttered and then looked away.

     "Why are you dragging the story? You could've just said, she was drowning, a random stranger saved her, the end. Why, Scherezaade?"

     She took in the name. Was Scherezaade the nobleman's daughter's name?

     He pulled away from her but his eyes stayed on her, "Are you trying to buy time so that the sun rises and you get another day?"

     "Why? Is trying to survive wrong? Your majesty can kill me in the morning even if I didn't complete the story." She paused and stood up and pushed her torso towards him like he had, "Are you getting enticed with me, your majesty?"