Hold Me Down

Making time for the ones you care about is never a task for me. Chores done, body clean, kids fed, check. Never have I had trouble deciding what to and not to cut from my routine in order to make more time for "Us" things. I say more because there's already a good amount of time in my schedule where I do nothing but think of you. What a wonderful world we live in! Time at our fingertips.... the only species dumb enough to grasp the illusion of time.

But my concept of time is only measured in smiles and the number stomach aches I get from laughing with the significant other I believe you are.

    Our inside jokes mean so much to us and are so insignificant to everyone else. The looks we pass last a fraction of a second and yet still, a whole conversation has taken place without anyone knowing. And that's just us.

                         ~Scene~

Austin walked into the room, and almost gagged at the appalling amount of pink there was.

"Tell me again," he said, " why you dragged me into this fluffy hell hole?"

She rolled her eyes, obviously used to his morbid sense of sarcasm. She explains to him that taking the plunge into Victoria ' s Secret with her was one of the many steps in building their relationship.  And building their. ..."relations";).

    He laughs and complains just a little quieter, things like: "why me?", "don't you have girl friends for this?!", " how many pairs of panties do you need..?"

     But she smiles still, because she understands, and she knows he'll appreciate it later when she performs after the dishes are done and the siblings put to bed. And to be honest,  she thinks shopping sucks too.