Chapter 7 | How He Knew

Frank gently laid his guitar - Pansy - on the dining room table, knowing full and well that is a seriously idiotic thing to do.

He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. True, he had a very good day with the band The Used, but he knew that the band wasn't for him.

He shrugged, brushing the thought away. He wanted to see his beloved Gerard.

His hand twitched when he left Pansy on the table. He sighed and decided against leaving her there. He picked her up and strode over to the bedroom, lying it across the bed instead.

His lips curled in a small smile. "There." He walked back out of the room and poked his head in the living room.

His brows furrowed. The couch was in neat condition. The pillows fluffed, the surface looking as if nobody had lied on it in a very long time.

He slowly backed out of the room and made his way to the dark hallway towards the bathroom. He noticed the light wasn't on, but he decided to look inside anyway.

Empty.

Frank bit his lip, worry bubbling in his heart. He knew he shouldn't worry about his husband, but he's been acting really distant these past few months. And he didn't even text him that he went somewhere, which he always did if they weren't together.

Frank could feel cold sweat beading on his forehead. What if Gerard was relapsing into his old habits from high school? What if -

No, Frank. Stop. He's okay. He told himself quite firmly. He closed his eyes and took a few breaths.

He was acting stupid. He could just text him instead. Yeah....

Frank: Gerard? Where are you? Are you okay?

There. It looked simple, yet worried. Frank smiled when he immediately got a text back.

Gerard: Sorry, baby. I was with Mikey. Don't worry about me.

Frank collapsed on the couch in relief. Of course he was with Mikey! Gerard did tell him before that they liked to meet up together to chat.

***

"I'm home, Frankie!" Frank heard Gerard's voice call from the main entrance.

Frank slowly put the small squares of laminated paper away in the crevices of Gerard's side of the mattress. He'd have to look at those another time.

Flashback

Frank couldn't sleep tonight. Every time he turned, he would feel something extremely bumpy hit his back, sides, or stomach.

Maybe it was how cheap the mattress was. He only lived in an apartment after all. Everything he had was cheap.

He wondered how on earth his boyfriend Gerard was sleeping. Didn't he feel the uncomfortable lumps?

Frank sighed once again and took a look at the alarm clock on his side of the nightstand. 12:40 AM.

Okay, that's it. Frank thought to himself in frustration. He lifted himself up and off the bed. He crouched down and laid one hand on the top of the mattress, and the other inside.

He kept moving his arm and hand around until he found something hard beneath his hand. He froze, his mouth slowly opening.

Oh, Gerard....I thought you stopped He felt tears start to form in his eyes. He got a grip of the small container and took a look at it. Tobacco. Frank bit his lip and continued his search.

After his search, he found a pack of cigarettes, the same tobacco container, and a small baggie of weed.

What on earth was Gerard thinking? This was the most easiest hiding place on the world!

And, he promised he stopped! He's gonna kill himself before we're even 20!

"Gerard?"

End of Flashback

"Frank?" Gerard called softly, an arm resting on the door frame.

Frank jerked his head up and faked a smile. "Hey, baby! How was it?"

For a moment, he thought he saw a flash of guilt shoot across his hazel gaze.

"It was great! Mikes is doing good." Gerard smiled and left. Frank heard him walk into the living room.

Nows my chance. He lifted the mattress up and took the few pieces of paper, hoping to God it wasn't any type of drug form.

What he saw made him lose his balance and fall. *Sonograms?!* Frank flipped on the back and saw Gerard's hand writing on it.

What the hell? In confusion and panic, Frank texted Mikey and sent him the pictures.

Frank: What the hell are these?!

Mikey: Gerard's baby, duh!

Frank raised a hand to his mouth, shock numbing all of his limbs.

Mikey: Frank???

Frank: He never told me that! I gtg

Frank dropped his phone and heaved himself up, keeping the sonograms with him.

He hid them behind his back and hurried from the bedroom.

"Gee?"

Frank already saw the nervousness in his gaze. "Y-yeah?" answered he.

Frank slowly lifted the sonograms. "You're pregnant?"

Oof, short chapter explaining how he knew xD
Apparently Gerard isn't that great at hiding things in this fic..