Chapter 22

Percy shrunk back his shield into it's watch form and flew over the dragon's sleeping body. He grabbed the egg and flew out to the other side where three officers were there to receive him. The demigod landed safely and he was quickly escorted to the medical tent.

"Mr. Jackson!" Madam Pomfrey, the old nurse in the hospital wing walked up to him, "take off that ridiculous thing at once!"

Percy blinked, "ah, okay. Why?" Percy detached his cape and flung it to the side where it levitated on the spot. He then levitated the egg over and waved his wand over his armour causing it to remove itself of his body and rejoin to one suit before Percy shrunk it and tucked it into his pocket.

"I need to check you for burns of course," Pomfrey took out her wand and waved it over him.

"I'm fine madam Pomfrey, the armour and the shield helped me out a lot," Percy chuckled.

"I see, and where did you get said armour and shield?" Pomfrey asked with a glare.

"Well the shield was a gift and I….sort of borrowed the armour," Percy chuckled, 'which reminds me I should put it back before anyone notices it's missing.'

Kelly then popped her head from under Percy's thick layered robes and cheered, "awesome!"

Percy smirked, "you bet it was Kelly!"

Pomfrey's eyes went wide, "you had that underneath your robes all this time?!"

Percy nodded, "yup, we're partners. Isn't that right Kelly!"

"Partners!" Kelly cried out with a toothy smile.

The matron sighed, but said nothing, she was used to the strangeness of magic, but this...well there is always a first time for everything. After a few minutes Pomfrey stepped back and nodded, "you are unharmed in anyway. That armour really must have protected you."

Percy grinned, "told you so."

The nurse huffed, "well seeing as you are alright I see no reason for you to stay," Pomfrey pointed to the exit and Percy was more than happy to leave.

He grabbed the egg and tucked it under one arm. He then took his cape and wrapped it around himself, since everyone already knew what it could do there was no point it hiding it anymore, might as well show it off.

Percy walked out of the medical tent and went into the stadium. The entire place was buzzing, people talking rapidly with each other. Percy couldn't help but eavesdrop on some of them.

"Did you see what he did?!"

"Like a freaking knight!"

"Dude Fleur was the best, by far. Hell, if she was in Hogwarts she would be a Ravenclaw!"

"Krum! Krum! Krum!"

"Why isn't the dragon moving mommy?"

Percy smiled at what he heard, he had to agree, Fleur was definitely a Ravenclaw. And he supposed he did look like a knight, what with the armour and all. Guess if he had taken out Riptide that would have become even more obviously.

Percy walked up to the railings over looking the battle area down below and noticed that the Hungarian Horntail was still there. It was unconscious with it's tongue sticking out, snoring loudly. Guess they hadn't removed it yet. There were several dragon handlers surrounding the dragon, and they looked panicked.

'Shit, guess they don't know how to reverse the draught, might need my help.' Percy quickly levitated himself up and floated down to the pit. The audience gasped seeing Percy fly down, the dragon keepers looked up and stared in wonder as Percy's cape fluttered around him.