Astro's 101 Training Course

Start from the beginning

Your jaw dropped open as the being of a dragon appeared before you, almost tauntingly.

"You're making me face a freaking DRAGON!?" Astro smiled and he stuck his nose into the air.

"Yep! Now get cracking, or you'll lose." Your body shook with a silent rage as you gaped at the monster before you. You then looked all around the arena, searching for its presence. Another blow then hit you behind and you fell forwards. Your scythe slid from your hands and it skidded across the floor from you. You grunted at the impact and you looked back at the terrifying monster.

Your eyes widened as its foot reached out to crush you. With quick thinking, you summoned your chains and wrapped them around your body. You were then yanked from under its foot and placed where your scythe was. Astro clapped at this, very impressed with your decision. You breathed out heavy breathes as you reclaimed your scythe and eyed up the monster. To your dismay, it disappeared again.

"This is so not fair. Should I try using my sixth sense?" You mumbled to yourself. This was the main goal of the battle, so it couldn't hurt. You closed your eyes and you focused all of your concentration on your mind's third eye. Right before you could activate your sixth sense, you were grabbed around the waist and hoisted into the air. Your eyes snapped open and a scream tore through your throat as the dragon threw you high into the air.

"ASTRO I DON'T LIKE THIS GAME ANYMORE!" You wailed. Astro watched you plummet to the ground with worried eyes. 'Come on, fly, do something! Please catch yourself...' The bottom of Astro's feet twitched as he contemplated whether or not to catch you. From your side, he looked very grumpy.

You focused your sights on the dragon and saw that it hadn't reappeared this time. You then eyed the ground as it got closer and closed. A sense of fear washed over you and your eyes widened. You then hugged your body and you clenched it as you waited for the impact. Astro gasped.

"Y/N-" he stopped himself short as the chains below you formed a net, catching you within moments. You laid deathly still in the basket, concerning Astro greatly. "Oh no, don't tell me she..." Before he could check your safety, you shot upright. Your skin was tainted black by black markings and your eyes were a striking red, burning with rage.

"Oh ho? So that's where you are, you stupid dragon!" You yelled out and brought up your scythe. You then pressed yourself against the chains before pushing yourself off them, throwing yourself into the air. Unlike before, the dragon was now clearly visible to you. Astro watched in complete astonishment as you brought down your scythe around the dragon's neck, beheading it almost instantly.

You landed square on your feet as the dragon disappeared into the static void. You breathed out heavily as the marks on your body disappeared, revealing the bruises the dragon had given you. Your eyes shifted back to their normal colour, and you fell forwards in complete exhaustion. Astro had practically skipped over to you as he cheered for you.

"You did great! That's exactly what I was talking about." He praised and he crouched down to you with a blinding smile on his face. You laid face down on the ground, and you swatted his knee away from you.

"I'm done. DONE." Astro laughed at your words and he began to poke you in the cheek tauntingly. As he looked up, a frown fell on his face as one of his knights entered the coliseum. Upon closer inspection, a letter was clasped in his hands. Astro rose to his feet as the knight came to a stop before him.

"Captain, I've brought you the latest report. And also a letter from Dr Tenma." Astro silently took the letter from him and he began to read over it. You pushed yourself to your feet and you watched him curiously as his brows furrowed together.