The Guardian's Sparring Match

Start from the beginning

"He'll be fine. Astro only gave him a mild concussion." Alejo let out a rather long sigh.

"Astro, you have to be more careful." Astro rubbed his head.

"Sorry, I guess I did throw it a little too hard." Everyone eyed him with tired faces. 'You think?' Everyone thought in sync. All of you then began to make your way towards the school exit. You dragged two hands over your face as your exhaustion finally caught up with you.

"I just wanna go home and sleep and do absolutely nothing." You mumbled. Everyone laughed as you stepped into the sunshine. A familiar voice then called out to you, making you look up in confusion. Both you and Astro doubled back in surprise as Tobio ran at you with a waving hand.

"Tobio!? What are you doing here?" You exclaimed just as he came to a stop. Everyone stared at him with gaping mouths while Tobio smiled at you.

"I wanted to see you." He admitted. Your eyes widened slightly while Astro immediately frowned. Your friends then shoved you back as they stared at Tobio in astonishment.

"Holy cow, it's the white diamond candidate...! It's actually him!" Alejo squealed while Reno quickly fixed his uniform. He then turned to Kennedy for confirmation.

"Do I look presentable?" Kennedy pushed him back.

"Dude get a grip of yourself!" Sabrina pushed passed the two idiotic boys before she smiled shyly at Tobio.

"Excuse these guys. They don't know what manners are." Everyone immediately frowned at her before the bunch started bickering with each other. Astro shook his head in dismay while Tobio gave them a funny look. You let out a light laugh before you pulled Tobio away from the chaotic group.

"Are you sure you should be out of bed?" You asked Tobio with Astro hanging closely around you. Tobio rubbed his upper arm while nodding.

"The doctor said that I should be fine. Besides, I've really slacked off on my training. I need to get back into the grind of things if I ever want to resume my position as guardian of the white diamond pendant." He stated. Your eyes lit up while Astro eyed the pendant hanging around his neck. It was so weird actually talking to him, he honestly didn't know how to feel about it.

"Wait, will you be attending the same school as us!?" You asked hopefully. Tobio's face was full of surprise before he hurriedly shook his head.

"Oh, no. I'm actually homeschooled. I do all of my training back at the castle. Actually..." A small smile twisted onto Tobio's lips and he leaned towards you. "I was going to ask you if you wanted to train together." Your eyes widened as well as Astro's and you gave each other a look.

"Train together?" You both uttered in sync. Tobio happily nodded his head. He then gave Astro a pleading look.

"If that's okay with you." Astro clamped his mouth shut as Tobio practically begged him. He then scratched the back of his head decidingly.

"Well, I personally don't mind. But are you sure that Dr Ten- I mean your father, is alright with this?" He confirmed. Tobio waved him off without a problem while smiling.

"Of course it's not a problem. This is my training after all. Actually, I'd feel more confident if I trained with my partner." He admitted. Astro's eyes widened at the term.

"Partner?" Tobio nodded his head and he linked his arms with yours.

"Well yeah. We're both guardians. So it's only natural that we work together as a team." He stated. You happily nodded your head in agreement. Astro was at a loss for words. An overwhelming negative feeling then clouded his chest, making him frown. 'Why do I feel so...bad?' Astro was stuck with his feelings while you and Tobio marched your way over to the coliseum. You then looked back at Astro and called him over.